Find
Notify
Tools

"You can't even talk about it"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted
Anyone catch Jon Stossel's most recent production?
One segment dealt with why the false ideal of prohibiting hunting of a species will protect it from extinction.

Worth a watch--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...x5c4&feature=related

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most interesting and most accurate. The woman looks like a total idiot.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe that the media played that segment on TV. No question about it, if you want to preserve endangered species, they must have marketable value to the local people. Otherwise, they will be poached out of existence.

The problem is liberalism or the new aged environmentalists, who really are liberals in
disguise....they cannot tolerate hunting of any kind. They never grasp or admit freely that hunters have created the greatest conservation of all species worldwide. They have this fantasy that humanity should coexist within the animal world in a respectful, kind and loving relationship.

Personally, I am looking forward to tiger hunting. Harpoon a humpback would be pretty cool too.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harpoon a humpback!!! LOL!

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
That is a good piece of film that shows the nonsensical attitude of the limp wristed liberal left. Has anybody ever asked these people what they would do for beef if somebody "a while back" hadn't started to farm an auroch or two. Who coought the first birds, sheep and goats. They were all wild before being domesticated and farmed so we would have a continueing supply. They might have been hunted to extintion otherwise. Hungry man has thought for his and his family's food for today. Greed and illegality will always flourish where there is a market.

Von Gruff

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2685 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Use the phrase "wildlife that pays, stays" on any of these liberals and they'll look at you like you have two heads, but it's absolutely true.

I just hope Stossel really believes that piece. It would give me some hope in the left wing liberal media.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting - excellent clip. That woman is the classic "my rhetoric makes me feel morally superior to you less-evolved barbarians, so that's really all that matters" type. (And by the size of her posterior when she turned to the side, I don't think she's even walked through a zoo to look at a tiger in quite a while!)

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:

I just hope Stossel really believes that piece. It would give me some hope in the left wing liberal media.

Stossel has become very libertarian-esque as he has aged, ABC has continued showing his work in spite of this.
IMHO

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great piece! Good for Stossel and the whole organization that had the belly to air it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was great!

A modern reporter actually reporting! I think we may have won one over from the dark side.

"An animal that pays, stays" I like that a lot.

Hunters have saved Blackwildebeest, scimitar Oryx we can now save Tigers. Man to be able to hunt a Tiger one day,,,,,,,,WOW.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Out-freaking-standing!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stossel has become very libertarian-esque as he has aged, ABC has continued showing his work in spite of this.
IMHO

Stossel has stated that he originally set out to expose all the "wrongs" that were happening, but found that, by and large, most of the hysterical hand-wringing was hot air.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always liked Stossel ... glad he's proving to be as objective as I thought he might be.

Good show!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stossel has stated that he originally set out to expose all the "wrongs" that were happening, but found that, by and large, most of the hysterical hand-wringing was hot air.

Just like John Lott did with gun control

He didn't mention the success in farming the Scimitar-horned Oryx, another endangered species.

Friend of mine who lives offshore breeds lions, jaguars, pumas, and yes, tigers. We're doing a 21 day in Tanzania, too. So conservation and hunters walk hand in hand. Kudos to Stossel.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
The woman: "You didn't the Kool-Aide, did you?"

Stossel: "Yes, yes I did. I found their rgument utterly convincing."

I've had the priveledge of listening to Stossel a few times and he does indeed do his research. For some real fun, go do a search for the Stossel interview with Michael Moore. Stossel sharpened his axe a bit on that one!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Got to love him sticking it to Michael Moore!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
An excellent report. thumb

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John's reporting gets AAAAA+++++ from me.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Well HOT DAMN!! Maybe there is still hope for the future.....

Thanks for posting the video DuggaBoye. Mr. Stossel get's 2 big thumbs up from me!! thumb thumb

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
Well HOT DAMN!! Maybe there is still hope for the future.....

Thanks for posting the video DuggaBoye. Mr. Stossel get's 2 big thumbs up from me!! thumb thumb

You are most welcome.
Here is his recent writing.

http://townhall.com/columnists...5/13/eat_the_tigers!

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stossel's always had a good common sense approach to everything. Even if I don't agree with him, his position is logical, supportable and well reasoned. A refreshing change for the usual main-stream media. He's dead on here.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the part where the woman said, "you didn't drink the koolaid with the PERC people, did you?" and he unabashedly confirmed. that made me feel pretty good as a hunter.

Andy