THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Best factory loads of 416 rigby available in RSA?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best factory loads of 416 rigby available in RSA?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

I need to know what are the best softs and solids available for purchase as factory ammunition in south africa. for 416 rigby of course.

thanks, tm
ps it would be even better if you had contact details of whom i should purchase from.

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I suggest you contact directly Mauritz Coetzee who has a sporting goods store. He had some Norma in 416 Rigby when I was there last month. Telephone is (27) 82 854 7301 or 12 991 6700. I don't think any factory loads other than Norma and Federal (Hornady isn't available yet) could possibly be available and you can check their web sites to see the bullet offerings in those calibers. The Federal is more expensive.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmm i was hoping to find some new manufacture kynamco, the norma stuff has swift a frame bullets in softs and barnes solids. the variation in muzzle vel may really mess with poi. anyadvice willbe very welcome. cheers, tm

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
trapmonkey, you can find the ammo you are looking for at Powderkeg, phone no. +27 11 472 1720. I would have prefered the Norma loaded with Swifts over the Kynoch offering loaded with Woodleighs myself, but presume your rifle is zerod for the Kynochs?

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1334 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks, the rifle isn't particularly zeroed for 1 type jsut have always thought woodleighs to do the job.