Find
Notify
Tools

Culling hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted
We will most probably have a lot of excess animals on the farm by the end of the hunting season. The excess will have to be culled. We do not have exact figures yet. It will be kudus and Impalas.

Will anybody be interested in culling hunts, the hunts will take place towards the end of August and the beginning of September.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
Ditto - PM sent

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
You know how it is with me Jaco, my business trips will undoubtedly coincide with something you can arrange for me. We've done it before, let's do it again!

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Wink,
Tell me when you can be here and it is as good as being aranged. I can almost feel the Windhoek down my throat after a days hard work beer
This time I won't be able to prank you on the airport. jumping

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Jaco,

Just a question on my part for my own understanding. When you do these cull hunts, you have XX amount of kudus and YY amount of impala you want to harvest. Therefore, when doing these cull hunts is it simply you see a kudu and try to take the animal be it a female, immature male or even in some cases a 'trophy' male. I would think that when implementing a culling operation the true objective is to reduce the population of species A and B because of carrying capacity; therefore, a certain number of trophy animals would also be harvested.

Just a couple thoughts/questions.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Graybird,
We will not harvest trophy animals. The objective is to reduce the female population. However if a hunter see a trofee animal that he really wants to take he may do so, but at trophy fees. If one have to many females the reproduction rate is to high and that is what we try to control. The males will eventually become trophy animals. The hunt will otherwise be conducted like a normal hunt.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com