New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Range Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone talk to the Style's about their link to one of the 77 Zimbabwe officials who are on the banned list? I recently read something about this and was curious if it was discussed at Reno.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with the Styles on 6 safaris and talked with them in Reno. When Jocye was put on the list in November, both Barry and Rob Style call all the American clients that were going to Matestsi this year and moved them to different hunting areas with their approval. I'm booking a safari with them in 2007

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LJS:

This was discussed about 10 days ago. Go back about 7 or 8 pages on this forum for full details.

The article was full of errors.

There never has or ever was any association between Buffalo Range Safaris and Zimbabwe officials on the banned list. I believe at one time in the past, BRS hunted an area that is now considered under control by one of the banned list members. The so called "journalist" then made the inference or assumption, wrongly of course, that Buffalo Range must therefor be in partnership with that banned member. As Widowmaker said, the clients were never hunting on property considered off limits to Americans.

I, too, have booked a hunt with Barry and Rob for 2007 and have every confidence in them and Buffalo Range Safaris.

Do a search of them, get references on them, and talk to people who have hunted with them. You will see that their reputation and history in Zimbabwe for generations is spotless.

Feel free to PM me.

Regards,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote