Find
Notify
Tools

Africa - Coming Apart
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.spiegel.de/internat...,1518,740641,00.html

An interesting article of geological changes in Africa .Check the Photo Gallery.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow...thanks for sharing

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oil prices?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
This is real time stuff! Evolution on a time scale we can see.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, fascinating. As to oil, no production in this region, some small tankers transit the Suez bound for the Med, but not many and some of them load north of this area. Don't hear this as even on the radar for traders I talk to, even being retired that is still a good cross section.

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is some oil exploration activity along the rift valley system in places like Tanz and even Zambia. I'm not impressed by the potential of the region, but in truth haven't looked in much detail. The one company I have looked at in detail appears to be more geared toward earning remarkable salaries paid for by London investors than any realistic chance of producing hydrocarbon.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HuntNBgame
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat!

Posts: 131 | Location: East Coast,USA | Registered: 04 January 2011Reply With Quote