New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gene Klineburger Passes
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
I received a message from a close friend of old hunting icon Gene Klineburger. Gene quietly passed this afternoon at an assisted living home in Lynnwood, Wa. He celebrated his 99th birthday on April 27th. He had been in relatively good health and enjoyed friends and family visiting and enjoying meals with him. In addition to his extensive hunting pursuits with astronauts and celebrities, he was an avid collector and restorer of antique cars.

Brother Bert passed away last year while in residence with Gene last summer after a long battle with cancer. He had recently moved in from his home in Texas.

Brother Chris is busy and healthy, splitting their time with wife Grace in Las Vegas and North Bend, Wa., I believe 94 years young!!

Thoughts and Prayers to the Klineburger family.

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this.

Condolences to his family and friends.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
As my Dad said when he turned 90, “I’m playing with house money now”. He lived to be 91.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear.
I've known the Klineburger family since the 60s. The brothers record on world hunting achievements is phenomenal.
I helped them part-time in the taxidermy business for decades. Two extended, working trips to Saudi Arabia with Bert.
They have accompanied me themselves & with clients from around the world on bear hunts.
Absolute ambassadors of all around hunting.

Randall Gilden

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
An entire era is ending with the passing of these pioneering hunters. RIP.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
An entire era is ending with the passing of these pioneering hunters. RIP.

Icons!!!