THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Exclusive Invite to 108th Birthday Party at DSC
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exclusive Invite to 108th Birthday Party at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
Coming to Dallas Safari Club?

At the Comfort Inn on Saturday at five o'clock in the afternoon, please plan to enjoy a gathering of ARophiles!

Again, among other things, you are invited to the opportunity to see the oldest and most crotchety cowboy from the Rio Grande at his anal birthday celebration... but it's grown to be much more than a b'day party. People don't fall down at b'day parties.

Requirements for admission:

1. You have to come
2. It helps to be in Dallas
3. You must leave any controversy at the door and be ready to listen to wonderful lies, stare at trophy wives (from 20 to 75 years old... we truly welcome the ladies!) and be ready to drink a toast to our fine host, Saeed.
4. You have to either attended before, or not... no exceptions.
4. If you have a favorite snack (like Mike's sausage!), stick it in you suitcase and bring it.
5. I'll buy generic libations as usual, but if you have a favorite hooch, bring it to share.. Single malts, single barrel bourbon... maybe some good red wine is welcomed.
6. You must know how to read time, since it starts at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and goes until everybody leaves to eat (if the snacks don't fill you up.)
7. Bring your hunting album if you can.
8. We'll get a DVD player if Tony will let us see his great elephant videos?
9. If you have a PH that you wish to bring... or you are an outfitter, come and finish those business deals. We had four or five PH's last year and several booking agents.
10. We'll have a hat to pass for the booze, room rental and snacks... everyone has done their fair share in the past and I thank you! Last year, the Comfort Inn did us proud. The room is right off of the main lobby.

Remember, I think this is the fifth year (or sixth?). To the new attendees, we started in my little hotel mini-suite with about 20 folks and last year we had about 100 and a real banquet room. It's a great time and you'll get to see me on Larium.

Ya'll come!

Leave me a post below with comments and hopefully a hint of what you'll bring (and if you are planning on coming).

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would not miss this gathering. If I can't bring anything else I will bring cash for deferral of expenses.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge G,

I am sure it must be a type-o but you aren't actually inviting people to an "anal birthday party" are you?

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

Judge,
I will be there this year and probably even bring my big brother. I am positive we will show with at least a bottle of Bushmill's Irish and maybe even a little homemade biltong.
We will also be ready to load-up (in a taxi of course) and zip of for a fine dining experience at a local steakhouse. I promise to be on my best behavior this year. No threatening to kill any of the lying, cheating, scandelous, smelly Etheopian taxi drivers. No really, I promise.
dancing
So Judge - looking forward to seeing ya in Dallas, and as always, the first drink is on me. I might even be willing to spring for Ray and Pierre's first again.
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Smarterthanu,

If you knew Ray, you'd understand the Anal thing. clap

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
Hey Judge,

Even though last year was our first gathering with the folks of AR, we had a blast putting the faces to the names!

You can count us in for this next year (with some sort of booze or snack in tow!) beer

We'll be a little late because we have booths again this year (#822-#824) and the show ends at 6pm, but we'll make it over.

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Come on! You fit qualification 4.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Why the Lariam??? Yuk.......Deltaprim is hard to beat and Malarone at least the voices in my head aren't in technicolor...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Judge and will be back with homemade Polish kielbosi and horseradish...homemade Orangebread... donttroll

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Boy, I'm gonna miss that Mike!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to attending. I have even booked a room at the Comfort Inn just to meet y'all.
I'll definetly bring red wine. Does anyboby know if there will be a microwave? If so, I could bring some authentic Cajun boudin(sausage).

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Butch call the Comfort Inn and ask them... They are very helpful...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Judge,

I along with some friends will be attending.

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mad CRYBABY Frowner

We will not be able to attend this year. If this is your first year then get prepared for a blast!!!!

Smiler beer banana wave

Keith and Rena

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG ----- The only reason I would miss your party is to go hunting. This year I am booked for a Wolfe hunt in Alberta to arrive on the 12th. I just couldn't work out the logistics, however I promise to be there next year with Woodford Reserve in hand. beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shannon and I will be there! We'll bring some snacks and libations. beer

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
prof242 (Max) and prof242backup (Brett) will be there with a large bottle of Wild Turkey! Hopefully, RIP will be there too, since he recommended the Wild Turkey. We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn so no drunk driving afterward.
beer

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Judge; My bride and I shall attend with great anticipation. Just remember to keep your hands where they belong....

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Someone don't forget to post that link so those folks can print their badge with the AR logo on it.
I do not know who posted it but it has been up the last two years or so.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Is the room....no wait...is Comfort Inn large enough for all of us?We may be looking at an AR Convention in the near future - Saeed, make sure it's in Las Vegas, Reno is too boring for us PH's!!

Going to be good.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Neil, there is plenty of room for all in attendence....

Looking forward to all...

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
prof242 (Max) and prof242backup (Brett) will be there with a large bottle of Wild Turkey! Hopefully, RIP will be there too, since he recommended the Wild Turkey. We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn so no drunk driving afterward.
beer

Max,
On the same weekend as DSC, my 82-y.o. mother-in-law has decided to have a wedding for herself and an 87 y.o. WWII Navy Flyer who is also a lonesome widower.
It will be tough to explain to my wife why I need to be in Dallas instead of Tallahassee that weekend.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge

I'll try to make it this year if you'll have me. Will bring some Aussie 'Bundy Rum' with me - as long as I dont loose it at LAX - like I have done the last 2 years running.... Frowner

Cheers
Matt G

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
and an 87 y.o. WWII Navy Flyer

Man I wouldn't let Hillary date a Naval Aviator RIP, those guys are bad news! Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you won't be there, RIP. On getting married at that age, hmmm.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Max,
There is a chance those geezers might kick off before DSC. If so, see you there.
How about a .395 SHark Patrol report on the Big Bore "Elk Seeker" thread?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

At the Comfort Inn on Saturday at five o'clock in the afternoon, please plan to enjoy a gathering of ARophiles!

Again, among other things, you are invited to the opportunity to see the oldest and most crotchety cowboy from the Rio Grande at his anal birthday celebration... but it's grown to be much more than a b'day party. People don't fall down at b'day parties.

Requirements for admission:

1. You have to come
2. It helps to be in Dallas
3. You must leave any controversy at the door and be ready to listen to wonderful lies, stare at trophy wives (from 20 to 75 years old... we truly welcome the ladies!) and be ready to drink a toast to our fine host, Saeed.
4. You have to either attended before, or not... no exceptions.
4. If you have a favorite snack (like Mike's sausage!), stick it in you suitcase and bring it.
5. I'll buy generic libations as usual, but if you have a favorite hooch, bring it to share.. Single malts, single barrel bourbon... maybe some good red wine is welcomed.
6. You must know how to read time, since it starts at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and goes until everybody leaves to eat (if the snacks don't fill you up.)
7. Bring your hunting album if you can.
8. We'll get a DVD player if Tony will let us see his great elephant videos?
9. If you have a PH that you wish to bring... or you are an outfitter, come and finish those business deals. We had four or five PH's last year and several booking agents.
10. We'll have a hat to pass for the booze, room rental and snacks... everyone has done their fair share in the past and I thank you! Last year, the Comfort Inn did us proud. The room is right off of the main lobby.

Remember, I think this is the fifth year (or sixth?). To the new attendees, we started in my little hotel mini-suite with about 20 folks and last year we had about 100 and a real banquet room. It's a great time and you'll get to see me on Larium.

Ya'll come!

Leave me a post below with comments and hopefully a hint of what you'll bring (and if you are planning on coming).

I would love to come. Talked to my wife and she would like to see Dallas again. I would like to meet you AR members and swap lies. The truth is you will like my wife a lot better than me. I think I may be a little boring next to her. She has told me she wants to go for a Leopard hunt in 2009. Are there still rooms available and what are the dates? I have been on 4 safaris to Africa, three in SA and one in Namibia. No other Americans have been to this place in Namibia so I have a few things to talk about.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
The Comfort Inn (the one at 7138 N. Stemmons) is the one. There should be several rooms available. Just call and tell them you are in the Accurate Reloading group and the rooms were reserved in my name (Ernest Gilbert). COMFORT INN WEBSITE

The convention is Thursday through Sunday, begining on 10 January. I'll arrive early on the morning of the 11th.

Of course, you and your wife are welcome.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Army Aviator,

You should come to Dallas. Janie and Errol from Gras are going to be here - maybe we can get them to come to the JudgeG party too.

Scott

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Remember, if you are going to the "official" DSC events, we set up this AR party so you can go to the DSC sponsered events, too.

Come have a toddy with some of the AR folks and then go "official"!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Joyce & I will be there ...... also, we'll have a car & offer a shuttle service to & from the DSC show for anyone needing rides.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge,I will be there.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting. After attending the AR dinner on Friday night whether any one will survive for Saturday night. Just guess I will have to come and see.

one of us
posted Hide Post
driftwood

That is why we do the dinner on Friday, everybody survives it.

Saturday...... Confused

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Judge G I did it. I booked from Wed to Sunday at the Sheraton. Needed an indoor pool for my wife and the Hilton is booked. I hope to meet many of you and swap some lies at the party on Friday at the Comfort Inn and during the week. Of course if the weather is like last week or last year I will cancel my reservation and stay home. This is my first time at the DSC.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Dear Army:

All of us look forward to meeting you. Don't wait until a dinner or party. You'll see lots of folks with Double Rifle Shooters Society or AR ball caps, etc. around the floor.... Probably while awaiting a chance to spin a tale to a vendor you'll have the opportunity fo figure out who the dude or dudess is, etc.

Just in case you pass me on the floor, above is a picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,
Booked my room today at the Comfort Inn, I am looking forward to meeting you folks. (I think)
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Judge et al, I’ll be there and plan to bring a large cooler of beer and assorted liquor. I will require at least two attendees to remain sober enough to witness a “Bonus Drawing†that we are doing as part of the Searcy Memorial Scholarship Raffle. The rest of you are free to drink to your heart's content.

The details of the raffle are on PAGE 17 of this thread:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=662102987#662102987

Many of you have already helped out the cause with donations to get the project off the ground…and for that I’ll be eternally grateful. I’ll even give you access to my personal stash of cheap wine and liquor. Here’s a photo of what your contributions have helped to create. I sure hope an AR member wins the Grand Prize.

Happy New Year to everyone. I look forward to seeing you in Dallas.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
JudgeG

The guest list SURE sounds like a who's who of the people that make a differnce to the world (the outdoors wildlife brigade)

I think the only one missing is the body guard, General Schwarzkopf ....

May the stories be true, the whiskey be pure, the roses aromatic, and the ladies !!! well just be ladies ...

Have a wonderful wonderful 2008 to Saeed and his merry band of AR guests

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Ya'll come