New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peep Sight Recommendation?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone recommend a peep, aperture or ghost ring sight for permanent installation on a CZ550 receiver? I'm building a 404 and may not use a scope at all. I appreciate your input.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You do not say if you use them regularly.

I am in the miniscule minority here, but I hate the damn things.

Somebody must make them to fit the CZ dovetail. Brockman's?

Posts: 19307 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If its permanent then you could dovetail the rear bridge and put a dovetailed peep in it...Use a partridge from NECG thats .700 high, thats the highest they make and then file it down to zero for elevation..You simply drift it for horizontal...Chep, extremely stong, tamper proof, maintains its zero and it really works well...

Another option is Brockmans pop up peep on talley bases....

or someone could build a slip on for the rear bridge with a dovetailed peep like talley does, but not for the CZ I don't think...that should be an easy do...

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray

I am trying to do the same thing on a 375 H&H. I have cut my CZ barrel to 23" and removed the open sights (no good anyway eyes are to old). Could i modify a Tally peep to fit a CZ and then use a 700 NECG partridge. I have been trying to find a gunsmith who can copy the old 1970 pop up CZ peep sight but this is very hard and the result a litle unpredicable. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW I am in the anti gun land Australia. Thanks CRS

Posts: 6 | Location: Australia | Registered: 08 September 2003Reply With Quote