New
Find
Notify
Tools

elephant hunt opening in Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received an email from Myles McCallum of Charlton McCallum Safaris regarding elephant hunting availability for 2005 in the Chewore South concession of Zimbabwe.

Tuskless cow elephant
7 days @ $600/ day
$2500 trophy fee.
2% levy = / - $134

OR

Trophy Bull elephant and tuskless cow elephant.
14 days @ 750/ day
$10000 bull trophy fee
$2500 cow trophy fee
2% levy ± $460

OR

Trophy bull elephant and tuskless cow elephant.
10 days @ $900 / day
$10 000 bull trophy fee
$2500 cow trophy fee
2% levy $430.

For more details please contact Myles McCallum or Buzz Charlton via email at buzzandmyles@zol.co.zw. Website: www.cmsafaris.com

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
Thre are a ton of warnings being issued by SCI about illegal elephant hunts in Zimbabwe. I'd make a number of checks before writing any!!!

Posts: 290 | Location: louisville ky | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz and Myls are above board and operating in a parks concession (sub letting from another operator). Check with the association zatso@mweb.co.zw but this one is, for a change, legit!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, this outfitter, Buzz Charlton is solid. Going with him next year on a similiar hunt. Have hunted near and in these concessions with companies who may give leases to Buzz for the hunts. His reputation is very good, besides being one of the outstanding young PH's for this type of hunt.

Somebody should grab these, this is great ele hunting.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I can also vouch for Buzz, as can BillC who posts here as well. They run a great outfit. Leaving to hunt with Buzz and Myles in the Humani on June 13th. Damn excited about it too, except for all the BS getting through the RSA these days with firearms!

Here's a picture of Buzz with my cow.

Take advantage of these deals while you can. In my opinion you may never hunt elephant this cheap again!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
I can also vouch for Buzz, as can BillC who posts here as well. They run a great outfit...In my opinion you may never hunt elephant this cheap again!
Absolutely Russell! I hope somebody from the forum can take advantage of one of these hunts. I'm going in July...can't wait! Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Norbert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
I can also vouch for Buzz, as can BillC who posts here as well. They run a great outfit...In my opinion you may never hunt elephant this cheap again!
Absolutely Russell! I hope somebody from the forum can take advantage of one of these hunts. I'm going in July...can't wait! Big Grin

Ditto

Posts: 279 | Location: Europe, Eifel hills | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote