THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Black rhino declared extinct by IUCN

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black rhino declared extinct by IUCN
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This morning's paper had an article from Geneva stating that the International Union for Conservation of Nature has officially declared the African black rhino as officially extinct due to a recent reassessment. www.iucnredlist.org

Where do these people get their information? Aren't there a small number of black rhino still in the wild in the Kunene Province of northwestern Namibia and in othe parts of southern Africa? Black rhino propagation is also doing fairly well in private game farms.

Please post your comments, especially from those who are more knowlegeable about this subject.

Thanks,
Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I must have hallucinated the ones I saw in the Save in August (at least eight.) Admittedly, the black rhino is in very serious trouble, but they aren't extinct quite yet!

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
Not to worry -- leftists are never influenced by reality.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I don't have a good enough net connection to check but I think you'll find it's the western black rhino that has been declared extinct, not the southern.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing to do with whether you are left or right ! and "these people" have it right !

Western Black Rhino! ( D.b. longipes) not the Southern. The Northern is also in serious trouble!