New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is really important.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have you called your mother yet? Tell her you love her!
Do it while you can and then give thanks for the one person in the world that will love you forever.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do it while you can and then give thanks for the one person in the world that will love you forever.

Well said Frank! I haven't been able to do this for eight years now and not a day goes by that I wish I had one more chance to do so.

Posts: 240 | Location: Downers Grove, Illinois | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the first year that I have not been able to do that. You that can should do it. Life is short.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Did it first thing this morning. Right after I made breakfast in bed for my wife. The kids served here the breakfast so it was more of an adventure than a meal but it was fun.

I missed calling a couple times while I was deployed overseas twice but I did send cards ahead of time to help make up for that.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to make that call for 16 years.

As of this past March, my sons can't, either.

Do it now.

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank:

Years ago, I read somewheres that the Russians have a saying: " God couldn't be everywheres so he made mothers". I suspect that you are a man of good heart to post as you did in a hunting forum. BTW, I looked up your profile and I suspect that you are better than "journeyman". {The "fair fisherman" part,though, I suspect is bragging. Fishermen always brag. Hunters tell serious stories}

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank, my mom has been gone for quite a while now and I've just to say that you should tell her everytime while she's alive because she'll be gone before you know it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Moms are a precious jewel, I wish I could hug mine one more time, but that's not to be..So I sent her a prayer, I know where she is...

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the first for me too. I've been in Afghanistan since January and today has been the worst. My dad needed to escape too,so yesterday he drove from NC to PA to begin hiking northward on the App. Trail. He has completed everything south of Pa and expects to finish in around 3 months.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This has indeed been a wonderful day of celebration everywhere around the world. My Mother passed away four years ago and I only wish I had been more able to spend those last few years closer to her and to have said I loved her one last time. I carry now only what she gave me throughout my years with her. THEY are all so wonderful. I hope you have all tried to make them happy on this special day and will continue to enjoy them each and every day.
For those of use who miss them everyday we must live with the thought that they are with us daily and that we will live our lives knowing they watch over us.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote