New
Find
Notify
Tools

ULTIMATE DGR/Double Rifle
 Login/Join

<Belarus>
posted
I was driving into town today when I was struck with the idea for the Ultimate DGR/Double Rifle. I figured with enough interest and e-mails from forum members to one of the big Double Gun makers we could probably make this dream come true. Hold on to your hats here it goes:

First off all, it would have to be stainless with a synthetic stock. All metal parts should be camoflaged to match the stock. I think we could get the maker to throw in some matching camoflage high scope mounts to accomodate a 4x15 scope with 50mm objective. I'm proposing two calibers either .45-70 or .275 Rigby. It should probably include an under barrel mount near the muzzles to accomodate a flashlight of some sort for hunting cats or maybe a laser pointer.

Now tell me this wouldn't be the do all dangerous game rifle!

Oops! I forgot the requisite muzzle brakes.

Eric

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
You forgot the Remington trigger.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy crap...what a ride!"

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dude I LIKE IT. And just for the sake of true heritage and history I think it should have 100% genuine imitaion mother of pearl inlays on the forearm and pistol grips that say.

CLASSY RIFLE!!

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
The beavertail forearm can fold down into a bipod and the mounts must be "see-through".

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add:

monte carlo cheekpiece

engraving of a NASCAR winner on the receiver

trap door grip cap with spark plug wrench inside

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted - 03/08/2005 : 07:56:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemen,
Now this has to be The Ultimate Dangerous Game Rifle:

No, your eyes aren't decieving you, and your not seeing double, well you are in a sense.
This is no joke!
What you're looking at is a 6-Shot, Bolt Action, Side by Side, Dangerous Game Rifle!
Available in these chamberings:
300 Win.Mag.; 9.3x64; .358 Norma Mag.;
.375 H&H; .404 Jeffry; .416 Rem.; .458 Win.Mag.;

.416 Rigby; .450 Rigby; .460 Short A-Square;
.470 Capstick; .495 A-Square; .500 Jeffry;

If you want to read more on this Rifle go to:
http://www.jagdwaffe.com/english/index_e.html
I had to share this one I think it starts at $75,000

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
JS,

I think that "square head" gunsmith spent to much time in Amsterdam. In the pot shops.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I would rather go with a S&W airweight Chief Special than most of the DGR suggestions listed so far! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can we make it a "push feed" double rifle?

Actually, I guess the difference between a "push feed" and a CRF double rifle is all in the way you hold the ammo when you load it. Duh, I guess I answered my own question.
homer

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
make it a 450 Marlin, you need the belt for saftey.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack

That rifle has been discussed here before. It definitely isn't a joke. I personally know a PH in Zambia that lost his thumb while shooting the prototype of this rifle. The thing blew up in his hands when he touched it off.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a blown -up rifle category is next.After more than 60 years around guns(my father was a military armourer)this last two years have brought up more blown up rifles for reasons other than stupidity that I have ever heard of.Something is definately wrong in the manufacturing or quality control aspect of some expensive hardware.

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matching barrels in 25/20 sofa

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
One for Walterhog to really show Saeed how to shoot.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I bet that bolt is really comfortable when cycling rounds in a hurry. Ouch!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy crap...what a ride!"

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see how quickly 4 rounds from the bolt action double rifle could be fired compared to how quickly 4 rounds could be fired from a standard break open action double.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote