New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: World's Best Girlfriend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mine served me breakfast in bed Seems I broke my left leg Tuesday night and this was my first morning back from the hospital. Since she hasn't shot my cranky a$$ I am really greatful and glad to have a lady that stands beside me during times like this. She did the same 6 years ago when my left knee was smashed in a car/motor cycle accident.

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know without a doubt that I have the world's greatest girlfriend. This Christmas morning she proved it again. She gave me the following:

1) A handmade cherry wood tool box full of new tools.
2) A new CD player for the truck and a bunch of Country Western CD's.
3) A bunch of new hunting clothes.
4) DVD's of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour #2 and seperate DVD's of Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White, Bill Engvall, and Jeff Foxworthy.
5) A new CZ 550 American in 9.3x62 for any upcoming safaris.

It's official. She's the best and I'm keeping her!!!!!

Merry Christmas all.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Mine gave me a new Searcy in .470.....you should start looking around me thinks!

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Why is she your girlfriend? She should be your wife. You better hold on to that one.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
You guys are very lucky, Christmas comes every day with a good one like you have!!!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Mine gave me a Krieghoff, probably why I married her 32 years ago.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine got up early and started a fire in the wood burning stove.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait till you are married 20 years!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I married mine 27 years ago and the only nagging I get is when are we going back to africa??

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine got me a 338-378 Accumark...been married 14 years in April. She's the best!!

Jim

Posts: 70 | Location: Altus, OK | Registered: 18 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine got me an angle grinder, but we're getting a house so I won't hold it against her, next year she had better hook me up with a 9.3x62 in mannlicher stock or something. :-)

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a pait of Schnee's pac boots......and a Honey Do list for my vacation next week!
Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Mine bought me a pull over and a shirt my son has already snapped. She�ll never buy me a rifle. A couple of months ago she was wild discovering I am owning 9 rifles. Poor thing, I have 12.
I wanted to sell some but she was dead against. Especially concerning the Tiger rifle and the Elephant rifle. They look quite the same and they were dubbed so because of their (old) boxes of ammo.
BTW guess what are these rifles?

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Especially concerning the Tiger rifle and the Elephant rifle. They look quite the same and they were dubbed so because of their (old) boxes of ammo.
BTW guess what are these rifles?

Let me guess maybe a 300 WBY and a 460 WBY?

Jim

Posts: 70 | Location: Altus, OK | Registered: 18 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeeze. And all mine gave me was a cold shoulder ,a piece of her mind, and withering stare?

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about dress pants and a dress jacket. Jeeze. I asked for a new blaze vest as the old 3footx 4foot orange serape that I have been using is just plain coming unraveled. No matter I called Cabelas yesterday.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just knew when I opened this thread that some one would post a pic of their hunnie in an AR thong!

Mike

Posts: 201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
"Why is she your girlfriend? She should be your wife."

Good question!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mine gave me a Krieghoff, probably why I married her 32 years ago.

Isn't there a contradiction here between your message and your signature line? Or does your girlfriend somehow get punished for giving you the Krieghoff? (The possibilities here are intriguing, but I'm not going to open that door!)

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I never quite thought of it that way, but I guess she's been very bad.
I must go home now and punish her properly.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have HAD probably three or four of the world's best girlfriends, "back in the day".

Now, I have a wife that beats them all. She just rolls her eyes any time I pick up a new rifle/shotgun/pistol. She got over questioning it long ago. She has long since lost track of what new "additions" come in, and frankly doesn't care. No huff, no gruff. She has actually claimed a few of the "pretty" ones for herself.

In exchange, I never question her "shopping trips".

It's an ideal situation!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine added a substantial amount to the "Safari Account" she opened for me on my birthday. It's the perfect gift. She never has to think about what to get me, she just dumps some cash into the account and we are one day closer to Africa.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mine
nursed me through a broken back, and didn't make this one time painter feel like a failure

gave me three wonderful children.. okay, 2.5, but the other .5 is still a keeper

thought me to love someone other than myself

gave me my first "other than dad or me built" custom rifle AND it was a 257 roberts AND it's a springfield AND it;s the most accurate hunting rifle I own

encouraged me to buy/build my shop

made me make HER a stock duplication machine

wants to take checkering classes this summer

and kisses this ole ugly bastard good night every night and tells me she loves me at least 10 times a day.....

though she just giggles at the cost of doubles....

jeffe

Posts: 39629 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I guess I wouldn't be much of a boyfriend if I didn't take the time to give my girlfriend her props, so here goes...

The Christmas tree was pretty bare this year but gifts aren't always the measure for world ranking in the girlfriend division (as evidenced by a number of other posts above! ).

My girl finally followed me this past July to what she considers to be a god-forsaken land, 1300 kms from her two sons that mean the world to her. She even gave up a good job and the financial freedom that goes with it too. And to top it all off she has even supported my selfish quest to hunt cape buffalo by agreeing to let me commit 6 months take home pay to a 2 buff hunt in Tanz in 2006! That puts all of her dreams on hold for about five years but she knows how much this trip means to me and didn't even blink when I timidly proposed the idea.

I don't see how I could do much better.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote