New
Find
Notify
Tools

show us the one in 2009
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
been posting this on north american forem for 3 yrs now and just figured everyone visited all the fine forems here,but maybe not.
so would anyone like to share a photo and line or two about the one that made you proud in 2009
local,weapon,bullet shot distance
you get the gist,thanks in advance

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm posting this because it was my first African animal taken. Shot at about 80 yards with my 375 with a 300grain Northfork solid in the Save'. I will remember this and the others taken on my first safari forever.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pegleg, Very nice "First" African animal. The only problem is, when you go up in size from an Eland, it gets VERY expensive! YOu should have started with a Duiker!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
My first African animal in the salt.
Limpopo impala... shot with a Hoyt compound bow at 23 yards. Now I am hooked !!!
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post

My son shot this kudu in Limpopo, and when we walked up to it I told him "You'll likely never take a nicer kudu in your life." It has it all, length, mass and form. He's very fortunate to take such a nice animal for his first kudu.

Posts: 3915 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
My 65+ one tusker from Nyamuswa, seen in 2007 and shot in 2009, with Charlton McCallum Safaris:

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks fellas for getting this rolling
with 200+ looky-loo's i was beginning to think the africa forem was going to turn their noses up at this kind of post.
beautiful absolutly beautiful!!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Took me a while ravenr, but here's mine:

My son, Brian, first blood - ever - on a plains zebra stallion.

Three and a half hour stalk on hands and knees.

150 yard shot. Broke his neck.

I loved every split second of it. thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
some day... some day!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
March of 2009 in the OMo Valley. It's the new # 4 SCI Northern Grants Gazelle

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 9,3x74R
posted Hide Post
This made all of 2009 for me. My son Joakim (age 16) was with me on his first "safari" and after hunting "small game" for years he finaly got his first "big game" ever.

YES i was proud. And i still am. I think it might be one of the "biggest moments" i have had as a father.

You may see him do it on video if you download or stream it here : (Joakim in Africa)
http://www.weatherbyrifler.com...=section_view&idev=5

Rino

Posts: 249 | Location: Oevre Eiker, Norway / Winterton RSA | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
My first African animal in the salt.

First taken w/ my .416 Rigby.

Favorite photo Wink

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
This is probably "the one" for 2009...

Last day, last minute, buffalo, after the most enjoyable 21 days I've ever had, hunting with great people. We tracked this herd for 13 km before catching up with them, then spent the next hour and a half bumping them and running after them. Took this buff with a 375/404 w/ 300gr Walterhogs. First shot at 100yds or so, second shot at 50'ish. "Coupe de grace" at 10ft (after trying to straighten Saeed's trigger for those that have seen the video! LOL Smiler ).

It was a near perfect hunt...the only thing we'd change is adding a couple years to the bull...but that was a minor detail and took nothing from the day.

Wayne James, cameraman extraordinaire, finally conceded to stand in front of the camera, making the moment extra special. Wink

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
This is probably "the one" for 2009...

Last day, last minute, buffalo, after the most enjoyable 21 days I've ever had, hunting with great people. We tracked this herd for 13 km before catching up with them, then spent the next hour and a half bumping them and running after them. Took this buff with a 375/404 w/ 300gr Walterhogs. First shot at 100yds or so, second shot at 50'ish. "Coupe de grace" at 10ft (after trying to straighten Saeed's trigger for those that have seen the video! LOL Smiler ).

It was a near perfect hunt...the only thing we'd change is adding a couple years to the bull...but that was a minor detail and took nothing from the day.

Wayne James, cameraman extraordinaire, finally conceded to stand in front of the camera, making the moment extra special. Wink

Canuck, I suspect you're going to need a bit more coal than what you've got to cook that block of meat to medium rare... Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote