Tools

Another good Lion down.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Before

And after

This is what happened last week to a Lion that I had protected. He was butchered and had his heart removed and one foot was cut off. His brother is still moaning behind my camp and searching for his mate.

This case is currently under serious investigation by the authorities and we will leave no stone unturned.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Damn, that sucks. Viewing the photos made me nauseated. Hopefully, the scumbag culprits will be apprehended and incarcerated for many years.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Damn, Andrew...I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. What a loss.

Tell Green, Shadrek and Shemy to let the hellhounds slip; I'd gladly organize/contribute to any "honorarium" for whomever brings the swine to justice.

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I remember the pics you shared a while back. A damn shame to see this happen. Presume it's ok to share the pics/story as I would like to.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 218 Bee:

Tell Green, Shadrek and Shemy to let the hellhounds slip; I'd gladly organize/contribute to any "honorarium" for whomever brings the swine to justice.

Mark

Sadly this is the Floodplain Lion.

The dogs have been let loose mate and they have bitten hard.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I remember the pics you shared a while back. A damn shame to see this happen. Presume it's ok to share the pics/story as I would like to.

This is a different Lion and was butchered a week ago. The story will come out later.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Where is the outcry from the loonys now?

How come poaching is not in their minds??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

The dogs have been let loose mate and they have bitten hard.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful news! And I meant what I said...pass the word. Thanks!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, I think I have photos of this lion from last summer. Sorry this happened, and I wish I could stop poaching. All I can do is support Africa hunting, and vote against the misinformed phony liberals in the USA. Regards, Noel

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by 218 Bee:

Mark

The dogs have been let loose mate and they have bitten hard.

tu2

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a waste!

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
What a waste!

I agree with Nelson in this case! However, if the Cecil fiasco is allowed to stop all hunting of lion, and in fact all the big five, then we have to be prepared to view this type of carnage on a daily basis because the poachers will go wild. The safari companies in the field are about the only body that combats the poachers and destroys the snares that do not only take the old animals but take the animals that are so detrimental to the continued viability of the species.

Hunting takes only the quota set by game management is what can be taken to insure the continued viability of the species in a given area. Hunting is the only friend wildlife has because only the excess is harvested leaving the healthy population in balance with the available habitat. This not only helps the game animals but all wildlife that depends on the same habitat for survival.

The females, and animals that are pre-breading to gain a breeding age that have not had a chance to deposit their genes. Hunting takes the oldest animals of any species that have already deposited their genes over many years, the oldest who are beyond breading age.

Kenya is a perfect example of stopping all hunting. Lions are being poisoned and snared by the cattle raisers, even in the parks. outside the parks there is little wildlife at all.

Because when animals have no value to the locals,who compete with wildlife for the same habitat, the people will remove any wildlife in favor of their cattle. I doubt more than 20% of the population of Kenya has ever seen a wild lion outside a park or zoo.

The stopping of the hunting in Zimbabwe for the big five will totally destroy Zimbabwe's economy, and give the poachers a free road to wipe out all the wildlife for ivory, or bush meat trade! If this spreads across Africa in ten years there will be nothing but people and wildlife will be a thing of the past, because hungry people will kill everything that a snare or an AK47 can kill.

........................................................................ thumbdown 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,
I hope you don't mind but I posted the first two pictures onto my Facebook page along with the following:

This young male lion will not get the press or the sympathy that "Cecil" generated but it is just as dead. Killed by poachers just like Cecil was killed by a poacher. Or at least if the allegations against Dr. Palmer are true then I consider him a poacher rather than a hunter. The big difference though is that this lion was killed by native poachers. Poaching on the Royal Kafue game reserve in Zambia and they killed the lion despite the presence of anti-poaching patrols funded by the dollars of legal hunters. For the the record this lion had a name too. He was known as the "Floodplain Lion."

I just think it is time we try and get some of our message out when we can and some people do listen. If you would prefer that I take it down please let me know. I thought it worth showing to people on a non-hunting site.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
Andrew,
I hope you don't mind but I posted the first two pictures onto my Facebook page along with the following:

This young male lion will not get the press or the sympathy that "Cecil" generated but it is just as dead. Killed by poachers just like Cecil was killed by a poacher. Or at least if the allegations against Dr. Palmer are true then I consider him a poacher rather than a hunter. The big difference though is that this lion was killed by native poachers. Poaching on the Royal Kafue game reserve in Zambia and they killed the lion despite the presence of anti-poaching patrols funded by the dollars of legal hunters. For the the record this lion had a name too. He was known as the "Floodplain Lion."

I just think it is time we try and get some of our message out when we can and some people do listen. If you would prefer that I take it down please let me know. I thought it worth showing to people on a non-hunting site.

Regards,

Don

Don,

This Lion was killed a few hundred metres outside my boundary and its demise may have nothing to do with my attached community.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sucks - so sad!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote