THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Has anyone hunted with Rodie Tourle?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone hunted with Rodie Tourle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
I will be hunting buffalo with Nengasha Safaris in the Chirisa area of Zim this August. I have recently found out that my PH will be Rodie Tourle.

Has anyone hunted with him? Anything specific about the Chirisa area that i should know?

How are buff numbers and quality?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your in good hands with Rodie. Hunted with him in 97,99,04 and 06. 2 buff, 1 elephant, & plainsgame. My last hunt with him was elephant and I had my 11 year old daughter with for plainsgame. He's a great guy and hunts hard. If you want to know more PM me and I'll give you a call at your home.

Cheers

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good man, good area.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will let you know as I will be hunting with him July 1 thru July 10 for buffalo. By all accounts from everyone I talked with he is a top notch PH.

Looking forward to hunting with him.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
All three have a good reputation.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SilentT,

I could be wrong, but wasn't Rodie the PH that got Tim Wegner from Blade Tek that huge leopard in Zimbabwe that was on Tracks Across Africa?

I was in Chirisa in 2000 on my husband's lion/buff hunt and 2007 on his elephant and my buff hunt. You will love Chirisa. The view from the abandoned ranger station will stay with you forever. Have the Game Scout take you to the hollowed out Baobab tree that is filled with bats. Take a shotgun as the bird shooting is great.

Do you know what camp you will be staying in?

Best of luck!!!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9376 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi is correct. if you do a search you will see several excellent reports and Tim from Blade Tech has nothing but praise.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Good to hear all of the positive information! I'll be PM'ing a few of you.

Kathi, we will talk soon as you are booking my flight.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ST
hunted with Rodie last year, you should not have a problem with him easy going , knows his stuff, especially buff and jumbo
Daniel

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote