New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vets forearm in crocs mouth!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Check it out...they managed to re-attach it -wow! Croc looks pretty nonchalant, "hey dude I have your forearm, dumbass!"

hand in mouth

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! Pretty graphic, but also pretty stupid for a vet to do in the first place. Note how they always have to say something about the animal being "endangered". I guess to make people feel sorry for the poor croc, not the vet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn!

Crocs and hippos. What was I doing fishing on the Zambezi.

You tranquilize a Nile Croc and it just pisses him off. I'll have to remember that.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the story may be fake. Crocs don't have the kind of teeth for biting arms off. They have the kind of teeth for grabbing and holding (and drowning). The croc slooks a little like an alligator.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
No, that is definitely a croc.

As for whether it's possible, I would say yes. The croc could have violently twisted his head as he bit, to the point that the radius and ulna both snapped and the flesh was torn away.

The only tranquilizer I would trust for one of those bastards would be a fatal overdose of lead.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
No, that is definitely a croc.

As for whether it's possible, I would say yes. The croc could have violently twisted his head as he bit, to the point that the radius and ulna both snapped and the flesh was torn away.

The only tranquilizer I would trust for one of those bastards would be a fatal overdose of lead.

I agree, anyone who has ever watched a corc take an animal apart, by simply grabing, and with a sudden snap of the head to the side, or by a rolling motion, rips the limb right off! The teeth are sinply for holding,, and it is the head's motion that does the breaking, of bone, and ripping off the apendage. Eeker

Still it takes a real idiot to stick his arm in a cage with a 400 lb crock, tranquilzed or not. Crocs have come to life after being transproted miles to the skinning shed, and had to be shot again! I think this photo is real! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
This does not look like a 440 pound (baby) croc to me.

And if you look at how highly enhanced for sharpness the photo is, I wonder if it has not been "Photoshoped."

Not to say incident could not or did not happen.

Just looks fake to me.

Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote