THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Non-exportable Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe or Mozambique

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-exportable Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe or Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted
Hi everyone

I am looking for some info/prices on a non-exportable Buffalo hunt in either Zimbabwe or Mozambique. I would love to take a broken horn or scrum cap old dugga boy in a truly wild area.

I don't have lots of money and have had to save a lot for each safari I have been on.

The experience is everything to me, just being out every day on tracks and getting up close to Buffalo is all I want. If I saw a big old Eland as well that would just be a bonus.

I have filmed a few Buffalo hunts in the past but it's just not the same if your not actually pulling the trigger.

Any info my fellow hunters or outfitters would be great.

Cheers
Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 704 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike. Planning to take one of your doubles out for a spin? Here is a link to a great deal:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/4431008032
Good luck Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get in touch with Mark Young, he had some non trophy hunts with Mokore.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are asking for something that does not really exist, officially. Quota is quota and all male buff shot on quota are exportable. You can maybe do a "meat quota" hunt in Zim, these are not really legal, but it will most probably be for a dry cow, if the outfitter knows what is good for him. And in Zim, the govt now imposes price controls on buffalo hunts so even if the PH wanted to give you a cheap hunt, he could not legally do so.

I don't know a lot about Mozambique but I do know there is no such thing as a PAC hunt there. So I would be surprised if there was a legal non-exportable buffalo.

In SA you can negotiate anything. Sometimes the landowners sell sub-par or injured bulls at a discount but it's all exportable. That's probably your best bet if you are on a budget. But "truly wild" .. I don't think so.

Regarding Eland, this is a valuable trophy most anywhere you go, you are unlikely to get a discount on an Eland in a Buffalo area. Eland prefer drier country to buffalo so these two species are not often found together in the same area, anyway.

Well anyway I may be proved wrong. Nothing lost in asking the question.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a post on the hunting reports by the Duckworth's.

Non trophy buff hunt-Sengwa Research with Mokore Safaris

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your replies.

I am currently chatting to Mark Young about Sengwa as it's one place I would love to go. Also chatting to Argun Reddy about Burkina Faso and Western Savannah Buffalo.

I have hunted/filmed in Chewore South, Nyakasanga and Dande Safari Area so a new area would be perfect.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 704 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suggest you do your homework re Sengwa. It used to be a very good area.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
I suggest you do your homework re Sengwa. It used to be a very good area.

Russ,
Do you care to elaborate on this. It was my understanding since Mokore took over a few years back the area was coming along nicely.

Posts: 788 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I have been to Sengwa. It is a beautiful and fantastic area and the Duckworth's are top notch. I have hunted Sengwa, Coutada Nine, and Mokore with them and have always been very pleased.

Book the hunt through Mark, you will be very pleased with the overall experience.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gundog 64,

You are correct. under Mokore's management Sengwa is very good. Buffalo are plentiful and all exportable buffalo do come from their allotted quota regardless if they are trophy bulls or not. Parks gives them a non-export quota but it is not necessarily a given that they will get it every year. Plains game may be the best in the Valley with exceptional waterbuck 34" and eland trophies 42" coming form their. Ele are plentiful but big ivory is hard to find although they have shot big bulls there. Any implication that they are doing something illegal or that the area is not good is nonsense.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote