Find
Notify
Tools

Namibian Leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted
As there has been a lot of discussion on leopard in Namibia recently, I have decided to put up a pic of my first Namibian leopard for 2007 season. It weighed 178.5 lbs (81kg), and was shot on day 10 over bait. (Khomas Hochland region). Incedently, this was the 21st leopard shot on a trophy permit in the whole of Namibia for 2007.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great Cat, Karl! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW. nice cat

Im up for a try in june!
Cant wait Razzer

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Great cat - Great pic. Congratulations.

Envy is a sin and I'm guilty. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So is coveting. . . Big Grin Fortunately for me I got a "sneak peak" at Karl's trophy a few days ago.

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KarlS

Great leopard and great pic.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Cat!! I'm happy to see that some baited Leopards are coming from Namibia...two years ago I hunted 20 days there and never got the chance. I did get one this year in Zimbabwe on day 5.
I would never go back to Namibia if Leopard were my priority.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great cat! Very nice pose down on the same level, and great background.

The wife and I get on the plane tomorrow morning for our trip to Namibia. 15 days of leopard hunting at Erindi with our friends. They say timing is everything, and my CITES permit arrived today, so I can give a copy to my PH and shipper (Reiser Taxidermy).

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Blank, are you using dog's?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking cat. Between you and DH, posting pics of these nice cats, I'm just green with envy.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar:

Yes, we are going to primarily use dogs and will have Willem Roux and his superb pack for the entire period. May try to bait in the evenings, if we are not successful in the mornings. Wanted to go earlier in the season, so they were less disturbed and the dew helped hold scent better. The 10 day forecast for rain has us a little worried, tho.

My sights are set on a nice leopard first, followed by a good waterbuck and eland. The kids want another big springbok, and the grand-daughters want jackal furs. Will have to see what the Fates have in store for us.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NICE cat! beer

You have a great trophy there!

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Karl,

And I have been reading and hearing a lot that Namimbian leopard arent that big ? You just proven them wrong. Great cat thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Yes, Frederik, some people believe that all Namibian leopard are tiny. The ones we hunted in the Namib desert areas or the south where smaller, rarely going even 50kg. The ones in the Central highland and up north grow huge, as can be seen. I shot a leopard male in the south that I believed was a young one when I was a schoolboy, only to discover later that they do not grow too big down south.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl: Not knowing Namibia, was this leopard taken close to Windhoek?

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Yes, very close. In fact, when we took this photo on top of a hill due to the fading light, you can see part of Windhoek in the background (left bottom corner). The hunting area borders the Daan Viljoen Game reserve, which is close to Windhoek. Leopard have been spotted on the fringes or in most towns before, so it is no rarity to encounter them this close to civilisation. They can of course also be found in some pretty uncivil places...

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Karl,

Super cat....good luck on the rest of the season...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote