THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Oldsarge's article published on British website

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oldsarge's article published on British website
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Article

Congratulations! thumb

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for the DG Classification article! I will read it when I have enough spare time, but the first few paragraphs look good.

Congratulations to Oldsarge!

Edited -- I have read the article (thanks to my lunch hour) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
WELL DONE!!!!!!

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
A very enjoyable read. Congrats and thanks!

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
I liked it! Very nice work. beer

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely written!!

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just wish Old Sarge would quit hanging around on the Internet long enough to write a book on this stuff. Big Grin

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
That was a great history lesson for me. Great article!

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great article, I enjoyed reading it!!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Old Sarge "IS" writeing a book! The article is a perview of the book, and a very good start, I might add! clap

Congrats Sarge! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe. But don't anyone hold your breath. I'm kind of a lazy hyperkenetic who is always doing too many things at once but doesn't really buckle down and concentrate on any one of them . . . except where there's money involved. Right now I'm teaching at both the elementary and college level and taking classes on Saturday. The time to spend writing is easy. It's the research, both library and practical, that gets short shrift. However, with such embarassingly good response, I'll try to expand the article, maybe with some hunting stories like the one of the zombie buffalo. It made me want to go back to the Class III!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT ARTICLE!
clap beer thumb jump

g

One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted Hide Post
Outstanding.....Do we have another Capstick in the makeing?

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice artical,good job oldsarge clap

Posts: 40 | Location: MA., USA | Registered: 19 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sarge. That was a good and educational read.

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Old Sarge,

Very nicely done, a good read.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to an interesting read! thumb

Thanks Mehul for pointing it out to us!

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
OldSarge,

Since this could be the kernel of a focused effort, why not take the kudos offered by all these fine folks -- and mine, too -- and start expanding on it? We'd all love to see you come out with a book to show for it in the end!

As it is, your details are great! A little more blood and guts, and dry African dust, and people will eat it up!

Dan

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Great writing Walter,
Keep up the good fight.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Sarge,

I hope you continue with the book. This article was a very good read.

Thanks,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote