Find
Notify
Tools

Trail Camera
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
For those who have set up a trail camera at a water hole or game crossing, what delay do you set for the pictures?

I don't want to fill up the SD card with a bunch of pictures from the same herd of impala mingling around.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
With the current high capacity cards, it really does not matter, and you do not wish to miss a nice shot.

The trail cameras I have seen take relatively low quality pictures - and one can fit 10s of thousands on one card.

Biggest problem we had is going through the literally thousands of pictures to find which ones we like to keep.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
GB look at it this way. If you place time restrictions you may miss the animal you are looking for. Make sure your camera and card are compatible .

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Mike are right. One minute is what I set mine at. Amazing what can happen within a minute. So many great pictures I would have lost if I set mine to 5 minutes.

It is a pain deleting thousands of pics, but worth it when you get that one photo in a thousand.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
I still remember using the first ones on the market that worked with film that had to be developed. Now there was a pain in the butt , but it was the best thing out there and we thought it was the coolest.
The guys are right , set your camera to a minute.

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I'll get a larger SD card and let it take the pics and go thru them when I get home.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote