Find
Notify
Tools

Plea to Convention Attendees!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey folks...

Just a thought (and many members do this already) ... when you meet one of us AR member exhibitors at DSC and other conventions - can you mention that you too are an AR member and give your username?? Some of us are a little slow on the uptake - hell it is hard enough to remember real names, let alone pseudonyms as well - but it is good to correlate faces to Internet personas!! That is assuming you want to, of course!!

Cool!!! tu2

Cheers and thanks
MG

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We need name badges! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
We need name badges! tu2
Yes we do mate!!!! If we can get some made I am happy to hand them out as my booth is just inside the front door, otherwise leave em in the DSC room I guess??

Wouldnt be that hard to get some badges made would it?? bewildered

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need name badges! tu2

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

(The Treasure of the Sierra Madre)

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
We need name badges! tu2

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

(The Treasure of the Sierra Madre)

Blazing Saddles. Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21666 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red River Jake
posted Hide Post
I for one look very much foreward to meeting ya'll. See you there !

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
We had badges in Dallas a few years ago. CChunter made the badges and I believe postdriver and Frank Beller past them out. If we can get them organized I will put them in the room in alphabetical order.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Last year I had a baseball cap embroidered with AR. People from AR came up and introduced themselves and others thought I was from Arkansas. Had lots of fun.
Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will put them in the room in alphabetical order.

Mike, make sure the Missus is there to help you!

Posts: 20157 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Whose doing it for SCI?

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whose doing it for SCI?

+1 My question too. Myself and the missus will be attending the SCI convention in Vegas, wish I could make both

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4769 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think I'll get my user name embrodiered (SIC?) on the back of my AR cap.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't like wearing a cap indoors, even if it's an AR cap. So if there aren't any AR name badges being made up for SCI in Vegas, I'll probably just make up my own badge and pin it on my shirt. I'm not sure yet if I'll make it to DSC, but I will definitely be in Vegas this year. Twoseventy, I DO remember your cap last year, and it looked sharp! Black with bright yellow letters, if I remember correctly?

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whose doing it for SCI?

SCI would probably charge you extra.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Hi all, retreever sent me the AR logo (thanks!) so I'll volunteer to have badges made up where you can put your name or AR display name on for SCI Vegas. I'm not showing up until Thursday PM at SCI Vegas so I'll need to get them to someone who will be there and has a booth or something where they can hand them out? What makes sense stick on badges or pin on?

Also any plans for an AR happy hour or dinner get together at SCI Vegas?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4769 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck - My thought would be a thin, peel off, stick on that says "AR Member" and could be attached to the bottom of the SCI badge holder like the ones that say "Life Member", "Chapter Member" etc. That would make it easy to spot as most folks look right at the name on the badge anyway.

I am sure some/one of our good members who are having a booth at SCI would be glad to be the ones to hand out the tags. Let me know if nobody volunteers and I can probably get someone to take on the dispensing gig.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt: I'll be sure and come by your booth and introduce myself...my wife and I are co-chairs for the DSC convention this yea and I look forward to meeting as many AR members as I can, thanks to all of you for coming to Dallas.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2895 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't someone design a downloadable badge so we could print them ourselves? If it is only an inch tall, it could fit inside the badge holders SCI hands out. (Don't know what Dallas does.)

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the AR store - they have caps, badges, Tee shirts, etc.

Liberals believe that criminals are just like them and guns cause crimes. Conservatives believe criminals are different and that it is the criminals that cause crimes. Maybe both are right and the solution is to keep guns away from liberals.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
here is an AR logo
http://pixelwild.com/arlogo.gif

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote