THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Is anyone here knowledgeable about pre-'64 Model 70s?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is anyone here knowledgeable about pre-'64 Model 70s?
 Login/Join

posted
I mean REALLY knowledgeable, not you have a copy of the Blue Book handy.

I have questions about the value of a rifle a friend of mine owns.

George

[ 09-25-2002, 18:58: Message edited by: GeorgeS ]

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George: Often-times the "Blue Book" is not what the market dictates as the rifle(s) will bring.
I collected M-70's for 15yrs, and I'll be happy to give you, or your friend, an honest evaluation.
Shoot, JLS

Posts: 96 | Location: Evergreen,Co., USA | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
GEorge,

Here is aguy who deals in a lot of pre-64 Model 70's.

http://www.daverifflegunsales.com/

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, gents (J.L., I'll send you an e-mail shortly).

How can we determine year of manufacture? The serial number is 252xxx.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can give you a proper price with a good description..I have been buying and selling them for 40 years...

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
E-mails are on their way.

This rifle is pretty interesting; unfortunately, it's not lefthanded!

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO,the Blue Book is worthless.What really ticks me off is that my local shop wants to use it in pricing my guns for trade in.Funny,they don't seem to go by it when they want to sell their guns. [Roll Eyes]

I wish I could get some Browning Safari Grades for the prices they quote in there.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the winchester site will give you the "birth date".

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
252xxx was built in 1953.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote