New
Find
Notify
Tools

primos tripod trigger stick
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone tried these yet? Looks much better than my home made bamboo model. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not sure what the primos thing is but i use a trigger stick by swaro for spotting scope & camera and its the greatest thing. you just squeeze the trigger, move the scope and when you let it go it locks in place

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smoker,

I have the Trigger Stick and it is a handy tool, I intend to use it for spotting scope or photo video use. But it looks like it would work as well for shooting.

It is extremely adjustable up and down to suit any height requirement within it's limits.

I was some diappointedto read, after purchase that they DO NOT recommend it be used as a walking/hiking stick. I suspect because the grip puts your hand on the trigger and it releases INSTANTLY when touched.

There are other styles available that would lock in position more firmly for hiking use.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you folks. I was more interested in the tri-pod model for use as shooting sticks. thanks for your input. smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smoker- There are other companies who make them that double as a walking stick. They do not have "instant" adjustment however.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smoker1:
Thank you folks. I was more interested in the tri-pod model for use as shooting sticks. thanks for your input. smoker1

Tactical Hog Control (one of the members of which posts here) has the monopod and bipod flavors and likes them, although I think they use the monopod more. I have a bipod but have not yet used it. Have not seen the tripod in person.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles_Helm, Shooting from a tri-pod is in itself difficult for me. I have tried a bi-pod, ( standing ), but way too much movemant. I made a tri-pod from bamboo sticks but the third member really gets in the way. The Primo tri-pod trigger stick looks good but I would like to hear from a user before I dish out the cash. smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good day
I have the Primos Trigger stick but it is the monopod version. I use it for handgun hunting and it works great. They say not to use it as a walking stick but I don't always listen so well and use it as such. So far it has held up pretty good.
Mike

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
I used them in the Colorado mountains this fall. On paper, the sticks look great. Using them is a whole different story.

They are heavy. And bulky. On a stalk, their bulk makes them hard to control. On more than one occasion, the legs "tinked" into each other. Did I mention they were heavy? An noisy?

And it is very true, a walking stick they are not.

At the end of the day, I could take 'em or leave 'em. Rating 2.5 stars out of five.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack D Bold, if you had a PH that was carrying them then what? I was hoping they would get better press as they looked like something my Son and I could both use, him being 7" taller than 5'6"Smiler Also collapsed would fit in a gun case. Might you suggest an alternative? smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smoker- My mono pod is Stoney Point. I have quite a few mile on it as a walking stick. They make a bi and tri as well, Good Luck.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Crane. I looked at the Stoney Point but he adjustable legs. smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Can you spell heavy?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
More heavy, noisy hunting dreck from China.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been my experience that anything Primos brothers is pretty much crap. Total bottom of the barrel quality.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack D Bold, you were tslking sbout the tri pod model, right? I understand they are heavy, but my question is about stability and ease of use, (shooting from them), as to rifle rest etc. Are the legs the collapsing type? smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I considered a pair. They were too heavy. As too where they dink together. Locate these points and wrap them in duct tape to silence them.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If height difference is your concern, Long Grass will sell you a second set of lower legs for their shooting sticks and you can swap them out if the height difference is too great to just spread the sticks.

This is not nearly as quick as the trigger adjustment on the Trigger Sticks You would need to know in advance who would be the shooter on a stalk and then twist out the legs and insert the other set as needed.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Charles_Helm. My Son (5'11"), and I (5'6") will be using the same sticks. The trigger stick looked like a natural for both of us not only to practice with but to take to SA on our hunt. smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson

posted Hide Post
They are awesome we use them all the time and have killed several trophys off them. As for heavy ya a little but what is worst packing a little extra weight or missing a trophy off a life time? I have attachments for spotting scopes and video cameras for our four tripods, changes in seconds.

Posts: 16 | Location: Craig, Colorado | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
I tried it and like it very much...

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank yuou both for your info. The tri pod looked very stable and the adjustable hieght was frosting on the cake. Do the legs telescope or are they fixed. Really doesn't make any difference but all the ad's I've seen don't say anything about that. Thanks again, smoker1

--Thomas Jefferson