New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISCOUNTED BUFFALO - ZIMBABWE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two buffalo hunts in the Save Conservancy. 1x1,$650 x 10 days. 2x1, $600 x 10. $500 packing; $500 transport from airport to camp. Plains game available.

Regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good daily rate ($300 less than normal). What is the TF in that area? I've got to get in on one of these end of season hunts sometime.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
If you are paying $950 a day for a 10 day buff hunt you're crazy.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, this isn't the place to disagree but normal rates are at least $850 and most are $900-950 in Zim.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Normal daily rates in Zim for buff are $650.00 per person 2X1 or $750.00 1X1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is my last post on the subject and my apologies to Ron.

Check out HHK, John Sharp, CMS, Ron's website, etc. and you will find rates as I stated. There are occasional specials offered but these are the standard rates.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will- A heading for chapter 19 when you do your reprint of Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game could be titled "How to Chisel the Daily Rate". Perhaps you could give us some forshadowing..... Seriously, are you making them an offer they can't refuse or what??

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
Will- A heading for chapter 19 when you do your reprint of Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game could be titled "How to Chisel the Daily Rate". Perhaps you could give us some forshadowing..... Seriously, are you making them an offer they can't refuse or what??

What the hell are you talking about? A $10K hunt plus the trophy fee? The outfitters must love you.

And what exactly are you going to do on a ten day buff hunt? If there are any decent buff it normally only takes a few days to kill the biggest one in the area.

Or you could do as I saw on a hunt where the PH keeps turning down a 40" buff for 4 or 5 days, the same buff, and then the client winds up shooting it anyway. I guess it was to give the client the "quality hunt."

If you want to believe a $10K buff hunt is a good deal, you are certainly free to do so.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy Will,

I'm not here to argue prices, but where I hunt buffalo I don't think I see 10% of the bulls on a 21 day safari. I don't know where you've been buff hunting but it don't sound like hunting to me.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yukon,

Regarding question on TF. $2000 for buff. Sable,Nyala can be added for $50 more per day.

Regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron,
Please forgive me but what is $500 'packing'? And is the $500 transportation round trip?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
Howdy Will,

I'm not here to argue prices, but where I hunt buffalo I don't think I see 10% of the bulls on a 21 day safari. I don't know where you've been buff hunting but it don't sound like hunting to me.

Will likes to hunt his favorite 500 acre fenced ranch in South Africa stir

Seriously, I have hunted the concession (in Zim) where Will has done a lot of hunting (and he has been on quite a few safaris). The area I hunted was HUGE and just as wild as it was 100 years ago. On my first 7 day buff hunt, I shot my buff on day 4. On my second 7 day buff hunt, I shot my buff on day 3.

On both hunts, we stalked and glassed buffalo every day and there were many bulls that were passed up.

If you are hunting buffalo in a decent area, have good PH, trackers, facilites, equipment, etc., a 7 day buffalo hunt should be more than enough. The safari companies make their buffalo hunts a minimum of 10 days so they can make more daily rate fees and as insurance in case there is some problem and you don't get a buff within 7 days.

Will may be a lot of things, but when it comes to hunting, he knows his shit Big Grin

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What you say makes since Shumba but will claimed he should be able to kill the "biggest" buff in the concession in 3 days. That is the BS I am disagreeing with. You are right most hunters in a good area with a compettant PH can kill a buff in just a few days but to claim the biggest one should be dead in the area in that time frame is rediculous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will has the manners of gut shot grizz on crack. But nobody here can argue that he has done a lot of hunting.

Let me try and help you out here Will, since you don't seem to be able to communicate your point without belittling and pissing off the whole world.

Where and whom do you hunt with that offers the daily rates of which you speak.

There wasn't that simple?

We'll call this baby steps towards a effective non confrontational communication style. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just remember there is overhead and margins. If an outfit is going to lose money to do the hunt, they don't sell the hunt. There is a bottom price and it varies per outfit. At the same remember all outfits are not equal. You don't buy ferarris at chevy prices. Be realistic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fivebigbores:
right am bidding on one of the properties there now as an owner operator and boy o boy do they \\the competition \\ work cheep under overwhelming risk to capital LEARNING JUST THAT and learning FAST and my hats off there

fivebigbores,

Noticed you are from Lone Pine. I am in Southern CA and finally drew a G3 tag this year. Hopefully the fire didn't ruin my chances too much. I took the family camping up in Rock Creek last weekend and the damage did not look too bad when viewed from the 395.

If you are around the first week of December (G3 starts Dec. 1st), maybe we can grab a beer.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bluefin,
The $500 is for transport from Harare or Bulawayo airport to hunting camp (Save) and return. Packing, $500 is for the packing and documentation for exporting all your trophies. Trophies are packed (crated) in camp and then sent to Harare to be air shipped to your taxidermist. The air transport is normally paid COD upon receipt at the US port.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fivebigbores,
The ranch is Impala Ranch which belongs to Naude family, long time friend of mine. While I was there last month I was asked take over the marketing for the family. Thus the late marketing and hunts. The Naude ranch has been in the Conservancy since it was started. The hunt on Imapla is as good as any ranch in the Conservancy. Sorry don't understand the PM question?

Regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:

And what exactly are you going to do on a ten day buff hunt? If there are any decent buff it normally only takes a few days to kill the biggest one in the area.

Say what??? Confused

My experience: Selous Nov-Dec 2006, 10 days in the bush, saw buffalo 3 days, shot 2.
I guess my question is, if you shoot the "biggest one in the area" in only "a few days", how do you know it was the biggest one in the area? I know I can spot the biggest one in the Joburg Zoo. I've got a picture of "her". Big Grin

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Will has the manners of gut shot grizz on crack. But nobody here can argue that he has done a lot of hunting.

Let me try and help you out here Will, since you don't seem to be able to communicate your point without belittling and pissing off the whole world.

Where and whom do you hunt with that offers the daily rates of which you speak.

There wasn't that simple?

We'll call this baby steps towards a effective non confrontational communication style. Smiler

Big Grin That was both funny and well worded! Point goes to CO...
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote