THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ever heard of this?...... 458 Lott.....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever heard of this?...... 458 Lott.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DRB
posted
I have just found something on the net which surprised me.

An auction for a 458 Lott rifle (no names....), where the first shot is 458 Lott, and the follow up shots are standard 458 Win Mag because the magazine box is standard length.

Now, I'm obviously aware that this is possible, I just would never have thought of doing this!

Anyone else heard of this or similar?

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw that one too, forgot just where...I found it very odd and impractical, and moved on.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I saw it. It sounds like someone experimented with a Lott reamer and forgot about the mag box.

As if that wasn't bad enough, how did you like that pronghorn floorplate?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
DRB,

I have heard of such too, and it is as George writes above.

Not a big deal to rechamber, but sometimes "the rest of the story" doesn't get written.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote