Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy shipments from Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For valued clients waiting for their trophies from Zimbabwe:

We managed to clear and ship a lot of trophies out of Zimbabwe around 10 December 2009 -hoping to give many of you a nice Christmas present.

Sadly Delta had daily off loads of cargo in Johannesburg due to huge demand for space in December and were only taking 1 - 1 1/2 tonnes daily thus accumulating approx 40 tonnes of offloaded cargo by New Year.

The agents for Delta ( GSA Africa Airline Services) have been refusing to accept our trophy crates in JNB due to the backlog of cargo. Our agent in JNB Wendy Hutchins advises that only on 7 Jan 2010 was the first crate accepted which should be leaving South Africa today 12 Jan. If your clearing agent has been advised by the airlines that we have not delivered the crates for shipment - please know this is untrue.

Hopefully delayed trophy shipments will start arriving in the US over the next week or so .

Please know we are seriously committed to getting your trophies back to you in a reasonable period of time.

I will be at SCI at ChifutiSafaris/ Safari Classic Productions booth to assist anyone with queries on trophy shipments from Zimbabwe.

Best wishes and regards to all.

Andy Hunter
Chipitani Safari Company
Hunting and Trophy Packing Services

Posts: 81 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great news considering the 100% F. U. that parks have been this year...and for AR members here wondering about who to approach for a dip and pack...Andy gets my full support. Cutting through parks BS takes more patience than I have ever had...

Andy, if you are not careful you will be nominated for sainthood Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain clearly what is meant by Dip & Pack?

Given that most times the forwarding agent/taxidermist/outfitter bolts on a extra handling and crating fee as well. I am not talking about air-freight which is payable to the airline.

Also if the taxidermy work is being done in country, does Dip & Pack still apply?

Thanks,

Reddy375

Posts: 2552 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
reddy, dip and pac(k) is a process where hides/horns/teeth are fumigated/insecticided and whatever to get rid of the little beasties possibly living in these, and then packing them up for shipment. If taxi work is done in country, then no dipping is needed as the tanning process takes care of this, or should. You still have the pac(k) charges however. I know someone will get more get more technical with you about this, my explantion is just brass tacks.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote