New
Find
Notify
Tools

ban on trophy hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In our (Dutch) newspaper there was a small article last week in which was said that the SA government is planning a total ban on trophyhunting in fenced areas.

Has anyone heard of this?

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See this thread:
Possible Ban On Canned Hunting

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Raindeer, as BFaucett said, the article was about "CANNED" hunting, not fenced properties. The law in RSA requires all hunting properties to be fenced, so the wildlife will not spread desease to other properties, or livestock. Dangerous game must be fenced in by electric fences. This is not canned hunting, which is the turning out of cages, animals into small pens to be shot, on demand. The fenced properties of RSA, are in most cases, very large, in the area of 750,000, to 1,000,000 acres, with no cross fences. The bush, in most, are very thick, and one can hunt for a week, and never see a fence!

That article was a pack of lies anyway, and written by anti-hunting groups to inflame the public against "ALL" hunting. The papers who run such articles should be required to verify the sourse, and validity of the content! Addtionally they should recieve a thousand letters per day from hunters till they respond with proof, of what they print! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
Hasn't SA tried this before when they were trying to enforce rules about canned lion hunts in the free state? And they were told to piss off by the ranchers there?

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajcj:
Hasn't SA tried this before when they were trying to enforce rules about canned lion hunts in the free state? And they were told to piss off by the ranchers there?

The Orange Free State is a seperate country, I beleave, so I don't think RSA has any say in what they do! Though it may be an RSA posession, but I don't think so. I've only hunted one 5 day plains game hunt in RSA, and didn't like it much. It seemed a little more like my home in Texas, than Africa, and I had to fly 16 hours to get there! Wink beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote