New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malapati & Naivasha
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know how things are going there this year after last years stellar results?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No reports yet Larry.

Christophe Beau with Grand Safari usually has an update on his website about this time of year but I have not seen it yet.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I have a message in to SSG right now, and I have a client that just started a hunt today. Will let you know how it goes when I hear.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard much on ele yet.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I know one ele tag is unfilled.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
I know one ele tag is unfilled.

Mike

I know of at least one as well.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron Neilson is the US booking agent for SSG. Perhaps he can lend a little info on this.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Aaron Neilson is the US booking agent for SSG. Perhaps he can lend a little info on this.

Jeff

Jeff - I am one of several actually. Fact is I prefer to book clients from June onwards in this area. So I have had no clients hunting with SSG since late last year. What they or their other client/clients to this point have done - I'm not sure?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know his old tracker Peter preferred Marula season so I wondered if you had a client in yet.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
I know his old tracker Peter preferred Marula season so I wondered if you had a client in yet.

Jeff

Ya, I don't subscribe to that same theory there.

I did however just talk to Russ Smith about 10 minutes ago, and several of his clients finished a hunt in Malapati just a couple of days ago. He says they had a great safari, took good elephant bulls, buffalo, a 61" kudu, etc. According to him, they were thrilled!

Best I can tell ya for now.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
I have a message in to SSG right now, and I have a client that just started a hunt today. Will let you know how it goes when I hear.

Your client was pretty wound up about going. He e-mail every day for a week before he left. i have not heard how it is going though.
I am sure he will let us know as soon as it is over.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
My guy has only been there about 3 days and killed his buff and a nice waterbuck. He won't be home for about 10 days.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No reports from the Zim side however I got an e-mail from CJ Oosthuizen today and they took 2 dagga boys and an 88lb ele in April on the Mozambique side (East of Gonarezou).

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
My client is back from Malapati/Sengwe. He killed a 40" dugga boy and shot and lost an ele bull estimated over 60lbs. He is going back next year...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com