Notify
Tools

Canned lion in RSA on EBAY
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/AFRICAN-LION-Black-Mane-SAFARI-HUNT...Z14110QQcmdZViewItem

How about a $42K black maned lion hunt on 3500 acres with 3 days hunting?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought they were trying to get rid of the canned lion hunts. 3 days to get lion. Sounds like lots of fun.

What's the hunting industry coming to when you can buy a hunt on Ebay. Are people that Fing stupid.....

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Next they will offer to let you shoot it while it is still in its pen. great fun. IMO these and there kind are just plain sorry excuses for hunters. Any one who does this is a Shooter and should stick with cardboard targets and over priced rifles. You can see the damn fence in the picture. Hey come on over to IOWA, I gotta a guy who will let you shoot an Bull for about 2 grand. Record book horns too. You can even feed him from your hand. Well I have let out my bitterness for the evening. -Ben Mad

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep, seems pretty shameful for sure!

If that lion was freeranging on 3500ha (8500 acres) that would definately require some stalking and hunting...not really canned in the ugly sense BUT since he mentions the guys has anbout 75 males altogether....well, they certainly aren't 'free-ranging' on an area that size!!!! They are no doubt penned and then realeased just prior (day before?) the hunt. So you may have to move around the whole area. my guess is probably not but still shameful as hell!

There were also plains game hunts and a TZ buf hunt on eBay too

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Pathetic thumbdown

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote