THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Would the 338 & 500 AR combo be good for Tanz?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would the 338 & 500 AR combo be good for Tanz?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tanz2007
posted
I am considering downsizing my huge battery of weapons (3 rifles) and just going with a 2 gun arsenal.

I am having a 500 AR built as we speak so that takes care of my dangerous game needs. I have a 300 RUM and 375 H&H other than the 500 AR that is coming. I am interested in something in the .338 to .366 range.

I would still like to be able to take some long shots (500-600 yds) but would like something tough enough to work on eland size game effectively as well.

Is the 338 RUM a good all around or should I go with something a little bigger, i.e. 358 RUM?

thanks

Posts: 171 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
9.3 RUM ? Projectiles from 232-320.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote