Find
Notify
Tools

save conservancy gps coordinates
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
most likely not going to africa this year

anyhave gps coordinates for save conservancy - am trying to see if i can locate anything on google maps

thanks

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
If you want some coordinates email me at kburke2006@att.net and I can send you some kmz files for some points on Mokore in the Save.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How is hunting at Humani/Save Conservancy - especially regarding buffalo?

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I located all of the following on Google Earth:
Sango lodge and airstrip,
Chishockwe lodge and strip,
Mokore lodge,
Hammond camp,
Senuko lodge and strip,
ARDA camp, and
a few other POIs.

E-mail me at willparks@scottsboro.org and I'll hook you up.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Sunshine - I took a plains game hunt with Save Safaris last year in the Save Conservancy. I saw a lot of huge buffalo. I am not a "tape measure guy", but I saw a half dozen hard boss bulls with horns 6" outside the ears. Needless to say, I am doing a buffalo hunt with them this year!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
subsailor74 i am very envious - been hunting with leon twice and shared a camp with mike and leon and their families - great guys and a pleasure to hunt with. i am beyond envious i am jealous - will try and make it back in 2013 if i cant sneak something at the end of the season.

Thanks for the gps files Mike.

Will - I will email you my contact info.

I got this great footage of Leon and a junior appi trying to get a big elephant back into the conservancy from across the highway. I am trying to upload the 20 min video onto youtube and trying to find the approx location of google maps. I think I have this big elephant running faster the usman bolt - i want to measure the approx distance.

thanks for all the help

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Mokore lodge,
Hammond camp,
Senuko lodge and strip,
ARDA camp, and
a few other POIs.

Hey Will,

Will you email the info as well? I still have no idea exactly where the hell I'm going.

Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishN4Eyes:
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Mokore lodge,
Hammond camp,
Senuko lodge and strip,
ARDA camp, and
a few other POIs.

Hey Will,

Will you email the info as well? I still have no idea exactly where the hell I'm going.

Thanks!

Chris

Done.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
South of; 19'57'32"S / 32'13'52.35"E

North of; 20'57'50"29S / 31'58'54'94"E

GoogleEarth grid.

Easily distinguishable from the brown communal areas adjacent and with the Save River running down the areas east flank.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
How is hunting at Humani/Save Conservancy - especially regarding buffalo?

Hunted Humani just over two years ago, highly recommend it for some exciting Buffalo hunting ( be prepared to do some running away from the Elephants in the thick stuff ), great plains game as well

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
Sunshine - I took a plains game hunt with Save Safaris last year in the Save Conservancy. I saw a lot of huge buffalo. I am not a "tape measure guy", but I saw a half dozen hard boss bulls with horns 6" outside the ears. Needless to say, I am doing a buffalo hunt with them this year!

Hi, this sounds promising! When are you doing your buffalo hunt? I gonna hunt a dagga boy in August or September. No tape either. I'm looking for a real old bull with big solid boss, tips can be damaged.

sjb and sailor, with whom (outfitter/ph) did you hunt?

http://www.kapstadt.de/schindlers-africa

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Sunshine, mate hunted with Roger Whitall on Humani Ranch, plus some of Savuli next door. PH was Rich Tabor. Mate great place to start hunting buff.

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote