THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Judge to be tried for helping Rusty Labuschagne

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judge to be tried for helping Rusty Labuschagne
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Zimbabwean president appoints judge to try judge

[2005-08-22 21:36:04

HARARE, Aug. 22 (Xinhuanet) -- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe on Monday appointed former High Court Judge Justice Simpson Mutambanengwe to preside over the corruption trial of suspended High Court Judge Benjamin Paradza.

Justice Paradza is being tried on allegations of attempting to defeat the course of justice.

Charges against him arose sometime in January 2003 when he allegedly wanted to influence Justices George Chiweshe and Maphios Cheda to release the passport of Russell Labuschagne, his business partner in a safari-hunting venture.

Labuschagne was on bail pending trial for the murder of a man he found poaching fish at his camp in Binga.

His passport was at the time being held by the Registrar of the High Court in Bulawayo as part of his bail conditions.

Labuschagne has since been convicted and jailed for 15 years for murder.

The appointment of Justice Mutambanengwe is in line with section 85 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, which allows for the president to seek services of an additional judge for a limited period in consultation with the Judiciary Services Commission.

Justice Mutambanengwe said he had accepted to preside over the issue as a neutral person.

"There is a special case which I have been asked to preside over. Most of the other judges know and have worked with him (Justice Paradza). I have agreed to come and preside over the trial," he said.

Justice Mutambanengwe is currently based in Namibia where he was seconded to the Namibian High Court in 1994 for an initial period of three years.

When his term came to an end, the Namibian government asked him to stay.

After his retirement, he was appointed as the acting chief justice in the country. Enditem

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Holy Smoke

Is there any one in authority left in Zim's we can trust /

I recommend we get JUDGEG to try them both and maybe include Bob on the charge sheet (-:

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Don't forget too that Rusty didn't murder anyone too!

The guy he "killed" was seen a few weeks later

Justice in Zimbabwe at it's best!!!! thumbdown

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was Framed!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Whew. For a minute there, I thought it was our Judge helping our Rusty.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote