Find
Notify
Tools

Learn Swahilli
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Can anybody point me to some "Learn Swahilli" type tapes/CD's or have any used ones they would consider selling?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Seq
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using “101 Languages of the World†to study Tswana though I have also uploaded Sotho, Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans and Swahili (& Latin). It is excellent. It has a graphic equalizer style voice analysis system that records your voice and compares it to a native speaker to correct your pronunciation. Really quite extraordinary. Relatively inexpensive too. See WWW.Transparent.com

S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the Pimsleur Tapes. I learned a good deal of Swahili last year while driving in my car. They also come on CD. It will give you a good conversational base to work from.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seq, thanks for the link. Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote