THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Wanted: Pics of Mana Angwa Camp in Chewore South

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Pics of Mana Angwa Camp in Chewore South
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
Just confirmed our camp for August. Anybody got pics? And tell what month, please. THX

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I have some pics - PM sent.
Mangwana

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We stayed and hunted out of Chenje camp in Aug 2009, but because there were no clients in Mana Angwa we lunched there several times. Cool afternoon breezes up on top of the cliff. This might be a little dated, as it is three years old.

It has one of the prettiest views of any camp I have been in. This camp has been featured on TV with Craig Boddington and Tracks Across Africa many times.

Walking up to the dining area.

Under the lapa and looking out at the fire pit area.

Lovely place to enjoy the fire, drinks, and stories.

One of the prettiest views you'll find. There is also a hippo and croc pool to watch right under the camp around the corner.

The waterbuck really enjoyed the river areas around the camp, and wide open spaces provide good glassing opportunities. We saw lots of bushbuck around the Angwa, Kachowie, and Maura river areas, and always lots of elephants.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

The only pic that I could find of the inside of that camp.

The pools just below that camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like it has changed much in ten years.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Looks the way I saw it in 2005

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Any more pics out there? And month & year taken, please. I'm doing my intel work-up. Gary is gonna take some this week and send 'em to me as well.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've been in that spot before! Only on the other, sunny side of the "gorge"! tu2 Love the Angwa River area of the valley! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I once heard a story about that Camp and a Chap walking back to his tent in the dark when he heard a taping noise (like a gentile banging on Canvas). He then decided to pull out the Torch and investigate the noise. There in front of him was a Lioness in pouncing position with it's tail flicking and hitting a near by tent wall. This left him in a tricky position to say the least!

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote