Find
Notify
Tools

Adam Clements Buffalo Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi, I was talking to some of the PHs at the Adam Clements booth at SCI Reno this week. They recommended the Masailand area and suggested their two buffalo 10 day hunt. I've heard really good things about them. I'd like to get a really good buffalo. Has anyone hunted with them, in particular in Masailand or Selous?

Thanks,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4780 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hunted the Masailand area when it was under the control of a different operator. I would highly recommend it. I believe the best time is Nov/Dec for hugh buffalo.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, you're making a great choice!

Masailand has outstanding buff. My PH said it is best hunted early and late in season, when water is more plentiful. Lots of food for them, though. We hunted October and the number and quality of buff were exceptional.

Biggest regret is that we weren't on a hunt longer than 10 days. You're already there, and the area has numerous amounts of so many different game animals.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opening day is July 1. I hunted with another outfitter and had the hunt of a lifetime. Good time to go. If the funds are there, stay longer.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Tnanks much guys, right now I'm looking at a 10 day hunt with two buff in either 2011 or 2012. That's stretching my budget pretty hard as it is. I'll ask about shooting other game while I'm there, but I'm really after a really really good cape buffalo.

Regards and thanks again,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4780 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Many of the Masailand buff hunts that I've seen allow you to shoot a tompson gazelle and a grants OR roberts gazelle and/or other Masailand unique species while you are there. If you've not yet been to masailand, it would be a waste not shoot EVERY masailand species the license and outfitter would allow. Granted, you are NOT going to be allowed (by license or outfitter) to shoot a lesser kudu, gernuk, eland, oryx, etc, but DO SHOOT everything you can. Tanz trophy fees are relatively cheap, especially for the species on a 10 day license. I bet for less than $4000 more you can shoot EVERY animal available on your two buffalo hunt.

My $.02.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hunted with Adam's guys in the Selous for buff 6-7 years ago( hunt was actually arranged with another outfitter and i guess he subcontracted it to Adam). anyway, went in early Nov just before the rains. got my buff 30 minutes into the first day. spent another 6 days looking for a better one. all Adam's ph's are great guys and fun to hunt with- highly recommend them.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of snowymthunter
posted Hide Post
I hunted Adam's Lobo concession in 2006 with Wayne Clark as my PH. I had a fantastic time and took a great buffalo, Coke's Hartebeest, Grant's Gazelle, Zebra, and Impala. You won't go wrong booking with Adam in Masailand if you want great buffalo and a fantastic hunt. PM me if you would like more details or info about my hunt.

Good hunting! Brian

NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 126 | Location: Montana | Registered: 19 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was Snowymthunter's partner in 2006 on that hunt. Ditto for his comments. I can't imagine another spot that has so many really big buffalo. Adam's whole operation is first class all the way.

And like safari-lawyer says, take everything there that you can. Masailand has some trophies unique to the Masai Steppe. Being around Massai brings back images of Ruark, Selby, Hemmingway, and John Wayne, all of whom made their mark around Tarangire and Lake Manyara.

Go man, do it.

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Chuck: That's great! You'll have a fantastic time! By the way, it's "The Ghost And The Darkness" Those were the names of the two African Lions shot by Col. Patterson. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I am going to make this happen. And thanks for the correction, I should've know that, I have the Patterson book (not a first edition), Now if I can only remember how to change my signature ...

Smiler

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Lolkisale July 1st'06 on a 21 day and the area was crawling with herds of Buffalo and Dugga boys. They migrate in and out of Tarangire
Game Park. I got a 45 inch and that was one of the smaller ones taken that year. We looked over hundreds of buff's. Adam says that the end of the season can also be a good time.
Best of luck on your decision.
Robert

Posts: 115 | Location: Garner, NC | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Almost anytime can produce a very big buffalo in Lokisale ot Lobo but if I were to personally choose a date for myself I'd take December and spend Christmas at the Crater following the safari. That would be just perfect in my opinion and a heck of an end to the year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck375,

I did not make reno or dallas. What is the price for your 10 day hunt in Masailand?

Thanks,

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, I'd probably have to make it a little earlier, my family would change the locks if I wasn't home for Christmas ... I can definitely do November. I'll be contacting you as I get closer to being able to make this definite.

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Dale I didn't get a special price since I didn't book at SCI, I still need to save a few pennies. Mark Young is the guy to ask. I can just tell you what's in their brochure.

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

10 days 1x1 (2) buffalo is $24,900 plus trophy fees, hotels as necessary and tips. Spendie it is but where else is there a real opportunity for 48" or larger buffalo?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

10 days 1x1 (2) buffalo is $24,900 plus trophy fees, hotels as necessary and tips. Spendie it is but where else is there a real opportunity for 48" or larger buffalo?

Mark

Maswa......buy you're in to more money with some of the outfitters plus the significant charter flight cost. So more accurately....Where ease can you find 48"+ buffalo at that price.....nowhere! A Eastern Tarangire buffalo hunt is on my list for some day Mark. I just need that lion first!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Hi guys. Which plains game are available in Lokisale?

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
On a buff hunt: white bearded wildebest, warthog, zebra, impala, Coke's hartebest, Grant's gazelle, and Thompson's gazelle (if enough on quota). For a full bag 21 day add eland, greater kudu, lesser kudu, fringe eared oryx, gerenuk, hyena, ostrich, bushbuck, reedbok, and all the assorted little cats and antelope.

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Are impala and hartebest available only for 21-days in Masailand?
It's a pity!
They are common game for another parts of Tanzania.
Thank you for fast answer.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
No they are available. That was my mistake. Previous post edited. Thanks.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Brett. Which plains game species from 10-days licence are numerous in Lokisale? Which are scarce?

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that those areas east of Taringire don't have a lot of Thompson's gazelle. Other than that I'm not sure. Ask Mark Young or Adam Clements. They would know best.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Just to clear this up the following are allowed on a 10 day buff hunt in our Masailand areas.

2 buffalo
1 baboon
1 Grant's gazelle
1 Coke's hartebeest
1 East African impala
1 warthog
1 white bearded wildebeest
1 zebra

Just in case someone might not know the Grant's (southern), Coke's and white bearded wildebeest are unique species huntable only in Masailand. The E.A. impala are larger in horn than their southern cousins and the zebra have no shadow stripe. The warthog is really the only animal available in Masailand on these hunts that is no different than what you can find anywhere else.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of 500 Fan
posted Hide Post
The exact hunt you described...Do it!!! It will be one of the best decisions of your lifetime; period. We hunted in Masiland with Paul Horsley who grew up in the area and added a very interesting spice to the hunt. Any of Adam's PH's are superb. We hunted out of the Lokisale camp and it was wonderful. Best part was the fight between the Lions and Hyena's by the skinning shead. It sounded like the hubs of hell had let loose and Yes I did move the 416 Rigby and my 500 Double from the gun rack to one on each side of me in bed. I LOVED IT!!! dancing

The display of PURE POWER is nothing short of AWESOME !

1 JOHN 3:18

Posts: 327 | Location: The Beautiful Sandhills of America | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 500 Fan
posted Hide Post
OK,OK, I realized my mistake the BEST part was being there and killing two Super Buffalo with my wife filming. The second best part was the Lion/Hyena fight!

The display of PURE POWER is nothing short of AWESOME !

1 JOHN 3:18

Posts: 327 | Location: The Beautiful Sandhills of America | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote