THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Due to temporary Gun ban in SA 5/23/08,Rifle still there

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Due to temporary Gun ban in SA 5/23/08,Rifle still there
 Login/Join

posted
At the end of a hunt in Douglas SA,I went to Kimberley Airport for a return flight to Johannasburg on 5/29/08.On arrival at Kimberley airport I was told that no firearms were allowed to be transported on South African Express due to a Firearms Control Act put into effect by the Goverment until further notice!I and others were forced continue our journey home without our guns.Fortunatly a frienf in SA
drove us to the airport and agreed to take the gun home until We could arrange to get it out! I thought this would be a simple matter,but at this date I have been unable to get any help to retrive my rifle.The gun ban was lifted shortly after but South African Airlines nor anyone else is willing to bring the gun out.Our embassy,NRA,PHASA,Safari International all disinterested! Any Ideas! E-Mail me jimmautino@comcast.net

posted Hide Post
Tinoo
I am the Chairman of Profesional Hunters Forum Nortern Cape and serve on the EXCO of PHASA as well. This issue of firearms is driving me mad. Please send me a PM at katte@mweb.co.za. as I would like to forward you relevant documentation. We as PHASA would like to assit you in resolveing this matter ASAP. We have an EXCO meeting Wednesday with SAA as well as SAX to see if we can resove the Firearm Policy.
Happy Hunting
Katte

Posts: 19 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Katte,

Last time I saw you was in Reno...The tme before that was in Brady, Tx...

Welcome to AR..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Who were you hunting with near Douglas?

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are in good hands with Katte involved. We flew in to Kimberley when we hunted with Katte, and if there is anybody to help with this, it'll be him.

Katte, hello. Sally and I managed the hurricane well, much of Houston not so good. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
So what exactly is the situation with this "temporary gun ban"???

Is it something other hunter traveling to or through RSA need to be worried about?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote