THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    My Pride And Joy Is Becoming As Good A Shot As Her Father!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pride And Joy Is Becoming As Good A Shot As Her Father!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Its fun to watch the young ones learn to shoot. At the last family gathering i had 7 of them fighting over who was going to shoot the coke cans first.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
And how long is it going to be before she gets to hunt a buffalo with 'Uncle Roy'? Wink

Posts: 3910 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My youngest grandchild, 14, has suddenly blossomed into an absolutely beautiful young lady, emphasis on blossomed. I was afraid I'd lost my hunting buddy/tomboy, but luckily, such was not the case. Remember to take her with you, Saeed, on a simple hunt at first. She may become a lifetime partner.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
She cannot wait! She keep asking when can she go hunt buffalo!?

The Vincent are going to be here in May. And last year she was driving Alan in the backyard in her gold cart, with him shooting crows, mina birds and green iguanas!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I started granddaughters out with Chipmunk single shot 22's and the deer picture on the deer corn sack.
Now they are all grown up and into all kinds of guns. Taking them all to Africa in 2013

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
That is definitely a very unique way to play golf,a fine player just like her dad Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another generation started down the road.
Congratulations.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Saeed, she'll make a fine shot!
The buffalo had better watch out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, she's growing up so fast.

Have you picked a rifle/caliber combination for her yet?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
From tin cans to golf balls!

I don't know what's happening, but all this link does is crash my browser.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Looks like she will be able to shoot their eyes out!!! I just purchased a Pink Cricket with the Cricket scope for my Granddaughter's third B-Day. I can't wait to get her out to the range!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Awesome Saeed, beats the heck out of video games. The boys and I spent many an afternoon in the back yard shooting old toy/model cars and bags of those cheap "enemy" plastic figures with the pellet gun. So much more fun than paper.

Your daughter is a cutie!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That video was more fun than a par golf game. Wink
Wonderful young lady.
Papa has done very well.
What is her favorite "term of endearment" for her father?
Is it "Pop" like the sound her gun makes?
Soon she will be packing a .375 up the mountain.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats being able to share one's passion with one's kids.

Congrats Saeed, keep her interest there.

Posts: 76 | Location: INDIA | Registered: 27 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That is such a great video! She really is having fun and is also a great shot!

I have not been on the site for quite awhile, but I do remember Hessa being born within a month of my first son Jack (10.25.2002). Can't believe fast these kids grow. So glad to see you guys having such fun together.

I love to spend time with my kids and really hope to be like Bill C (safaris with his boys) when my kids get a few years older.

Best,

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Fantastic video! It brought a smile to my face! I love seeing that as my first child(daughter) is due to be born in a week.

Thank you VERY much for posting that

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is a good shot!Smiler
Nothing is better than shooting and hunting together with the kids.
Thanks for sharing Saeed.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shumba:
Saeed,

I have not been on the site for quite awhile, but I do remember Hessa being born within a month of my first son Jack (10.25.2002). Can't believe fast these kids grow. So glad to see you guys having such fun together.

I love to spend time with my kids and really hope to be like Bill C (safaris with his boys) when my kids get a few years older.

Best,

Tim

Tim,

Hessa is one month older than your son. She wasborn on September 25,and your sonon October 25.

Hessa brings some ofher schoolfriends to shoot, and they love it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I am very happy to hear this, would be even happier if I could see the video Frowner

Warm regards

Saeed

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why some of you are having diffulty with the video!

Try right click and then save it to your computer.

You might also need to download VLC

VLC Media Player

It is a free media player which plays practically any video format.

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
She did not miss a single shot!And she has a great smile.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gave my 8yo Grandson a Henry lever action youth model for Christmas. A logical follow on to his Daisy Red Ryder. I wanted him to continue using open sights. The other day, we went to the farm for some shooting. I had a .22 rimfire upper on the Aim Point equiped AR. So much for the Henry Wink At 15 yards, he could tear up the clay birds on the dirt pile.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats Saeed... you should be proud! A chip off the block!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great stuff saeed. When are you taking her onsafari?

My youger boy is a month older than Hessa and he shoots a slug gun but is not keen on hunting at all. My older boy who will be 13 shortly is very keen on hunting and shoots the 222 Rem and the 7mm 08. He has shot a feral goat and wants me to take him deer hunting. My oldest girl who is 16 also loves shooting and hunting. She can group 5 shots from a 22 rim fire in 2" at 50 meters.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shumba:
Saeed,

Best,

Tim

Tim,

Hessa is one month older than your son. She wasborn on September 25,and your sonon October 25.

Hessa brings some ofher schoolfriends to shoot, and they love it.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats great. I have to do the same with my daughters shooting glasses. We call it her stink eye when see trys to close one eye.

Posts: 1293 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These posts are the reasons that I frequent this site. Your daughter is a fineshot, you must be a good teacher.

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noreaster:
These posts are the reasons that I frequent this site. Your daughter is a fineshot, you must be a good teacher.

I try to be modest, but one of my students won the Olympic Gold Medal in Trap! Wink

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by noreaster:

I try to be modest, but one of my students won the Olympic Gold Medal in Trap! Wink

I watched that final before I found this site or even started shooting, it was a nail-biter! Big Grin

Great video Saeed, you've certainly taught Hessa to handle a rifle.

My little brother has just turned 14 and I'm teaching him to shoot this Easter holiday.

I can't wait, he's going to be my hunting partner. Smiler

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WORLDHUNTER1
posted Hide Post
AsI sit here in the middle of the night unable to sleep this sure puts a smile on my face. Saeed your a lucky man.

Posts: 238 | Location: MI | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your in big trouble now Saeed....you better start build her trophy room now...hahaha Big Grin

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
Well done my friend!
It is great thing to raise up and have children (and grand-children) who by our example learn to love and follow in our foot steps shooting and hunting. Kudos to you!

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Awesome Saeed! The apple has not fallen far from the tree!!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am bummed I cant get the link to work.

Saeed, It is hard to believe it will be 10 years in Sept. Seems like just yesterday. I remember being at Bokpoort with our good friends Christo and family, Peter Harris, Drom, Peter Kriel and the late "Uncle" Dave Tennent. Everyone was excited when word came in the day she was born. We all had a toast to you and yours. In fact we had several toasts. Big Grin We didnt really need an excuse at that point except good friends but it was a good one. It always amazes me how fast they grow and the years fly by. Enjoy your blessing and count every moment precious as you have been given the greatest gift of all my friend.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote