THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Our Burkina Faso season started yesterday

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Burkina Faso season started yesterday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our first client of the season shot a Kob yesterday.

Burkina offers unbeatable value for money for hunting buffalo, roan and other west African species. When did you last shoot a buffalo in Africa and pay a t/fee under $600! These are the Western Savannah variety and are cool to hunt, different coloration as well. It will look cool next to your multiple cape buffaloes. I reckon fewer than 10 out of 100 North American hunters have shot one of these.

We are completely booked for 2015 - 2016. The season runs from December 1st to mid April. If anyone is interested in 2016 - 2017 feel free to get in touch or come by and say hello in Dallas. We are booth 340.

We have taken more American clients to Burkina than all the outfitters combined.

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.

Arjun Reddy
Http://www.huntburkinafaso.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628

Posts: 2552 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Good start-Kob on opening day. Keep us posted as the season progresses.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got news that both the clients shot buffalo today. One in the morning and one in the evening. They have been seeing herds of 100+ every buff daily so I knew it was just a matter of time. One client was using a 9.3x74 double so am interested to hear how it performed. The other was using a 416 Rigby. The great thing about our concession is that you start hunting within 10 minutes of leaving camp, some camps in Burkina are situated an hour away from the hunting areas!

Posts: 2552 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The situation is not very good. Kidnapping , hostages , 30 people killed in Ouagadougou and the N.P. W at the border of Niger near the hunting area closed because not safe.

The future of hunting in this country ?

Posts: 282 | Location: France / Germany  | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Grand,

You want to live forever, or do you want to go hunting?

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Arjun.We are counting in you to give regular updates as to the safety of hunting in Burkina Faso.Even San Bernadino is dangerous,but we can come to our own conclusions with respect to domestic travel. Thanks, Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As you can imagine everyone is shocked by the terrible event that has taken place in Ouagadougou. Thankfully we have never used that particular hotel to host any of our clients. Security at hotels has been foremost in our mind after the Mali incident.

Fortunately none of our clients were directly affected by the attack, however Air France cancelled all their flights in and out of Ouaga for the last two days causing a big inconvenience to departing and arriving clients. We had 2 clients arrive yesterday on Air Brussels and they are safely in camp and will start hunting tomorrow. Another client flew in today on Air France, he was delayed a day in Paris as his flight was cancelled, he will go to camp tomorrow.

As one can imagine security is very high at the moment in Ouaga and else where in the country as well. Its probably a safer place now than ever before! Let's hope and pray that this is a one off incident. Burkina and the people of Burkina do not have much tolerance for Islamic fundamental extremism. Ouagadougou is a very safe place and violent crime uncommon, I have often seen foreign women walking alone late at night.

No one likes this but I think we all have to accept that this sadly is becoming the new normal. I have a photograph of my wife and myself from this past October standing in the EXACT same spot where 10 tourists were blown up in Istanbul last week!

I am spending a month hunting with clients in Burkina and will still be going in a couple of weeks time.

Arjun Reddy
Http://www.HuntersNetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just heard that a client shot a Kob today, the first day of his hunt and everyone has settled down well in camp. It is important to have the right spirit in the face of these evil gutless bastards who think they are big pricks because they can shoot up a bunch of unarmed people. I hope the SOBs rot in hell forever.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Arjun
Will you be organizing any isis hunts?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1253 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
Arjun
Will you be organizing any isis hunts?

I want to see the first past his prime overweight sci guy decide to take on some young fanatical terrorist shooting 147 grain full metal jacket rounds on full auto of from an ak type weapon.

Let's not confuse pampered well catered vacations where we'll control kill apex predators with a more realistic and brutal world in which we are defendend by tough patriotic men and women who protect us from savages.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thankful that I travelled widely and saw so many places and things in years gone by when the world was a simpler place. What happened in Ouagadougou was a tragedy but I'm afraid it is the face of the 21st century. I can only speak for myself, but I don't believe we should let things like that keep us from going to such places and doing the things we love to do.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am thankful that I travelled widely and saw so many places and things in years gone by when the world was a simpler place. What happened in Ouagadougou was a tragedy but I'm afraid it is the face of the 21st century. I can only speak for myself, but I don't believe we should let things like that keep us from going to such places and doing the things we love to do.

+1! Hear, Hear...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Groulx:
What happened in Ouagadougou was a tragedy but I'm afraid it is the face of the 21st century. I can only speak for myself, but I don't believe we should let things like that keep us from going to such places and doing the things we love to do.

Exactly,
The whole point of Terrorism is to take your freedom from you. 10 days and counting.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thunder Head:
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Groulx:
What happened in Ouagadougou was a tragedy but I'm afraid it is the face of the 21st century. I can only speak for myself, but I don't believe we should let things like that keep us from going to such places and doing the things we love to do.

Exactly,
The whole point of Terrorism is to take your freedom from you. 10 days and counting.

Great attitude and have a great time in the wild.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went last year with my wife and had a great time. I would not cancel if i was booked this year.

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote