New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mokore Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone hunt with them this year for buffalo or leopard? I am thinking of hunting with them in 2008 or 2009. Did you hunt both animals in the same area or transfer between Chewore for Buff and Mokore for leopard. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Although I have never hunted with the Duckworths, they do have a good name for them selves amongst hunters and fellow PHs.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like OzHunter, I have never hunted with the Duckworths. Their reputation is excellent and they are nice people.

I have hunted Chewore and you will love it. I have also been to the Save Conservancy. would be happy to hunt either place for leopard and have - as yet unsuccessfully. I like to hunt late in the season, but this is not optimal for the cats.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed,

We represent Mokore and I hunted with them in '96 successfully for leopard and buffalo in Chewore. I'm also hunting with them in the upcoming season for 21 days in 3 different ares including the Save. You are considering a great outfit that offers a very personalized experience.

This last season in Chewore they did very well on buffalo with an average of about 40". Year to year the leopard success there is about 75% but picking a date on the dark of the moon and earlier in the season will increase that percentage some. The leopard hunting in Chewore is by daylight only with no artificial lights used.

The leopard on the Save offer about a 90% success rate but a night hunt is allowed there and that is what has been successful. The leopards here will run a little larger with an honest 150-160 pounder not uncommon.

Both the Save and Chewore offer good buffalo so to me the type of leopard hunt you want should dictate the area you choose. Also you might want to consider lower plains game densities in Chewore might make baits more difficult to obtain but the Save might not offer the vast wilderness experience of Chewore.

I would suggest you not hunt the leopard and the buffalo in different areas. If you start for instance in Chewore to take your buffalo and it takes a week you've really cut into your 15 day leopard hunt.

If I can be of any further assistance feel free to contact me anytime.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, that was the type of info I was looking for. It's good to know that you represent this outfit. I will PM you with other questions.

Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote