Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Cape buffalo Movie clip
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
Commercial DVDs are zoned throughout the world.

Zone 1 - USA + ?
Zone 4 - Australia and the South Pacific

Zones 2, 3, 5, 6 (I believe there are 6 ??) etc would cover Europe and Japan etc.

This usually applies to off-the-shelf movies etc and is claimed to try to stop piracy but really just allows differential and restrictive pricing strategies.

Many good hunting DVD producers understand the value of easy worldwide distribution and do not restrict them.

Many new DVD players are designed to play from any zone but older ones will often not. I also should know having once bought a small portable DVD player in New York and it only plays Zone 1 DVDs.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DVD will NOT work in every country!

I moved from the Netherlands to Alberta, bought a DVD player here, and only a few DVD's of the total collection will play. Don't ask me why, I don't know, just stating a fact here.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I watched most of the African video clips and they all seemed very well done. Some very scenic shots of land and animals that showed terrain and hunting conditions...more than just kill shot after kill shot! The music was also well done. Let us know who is importing them into the States...I would be interested in several titles as well.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote