Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting Show in Atlanta?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted
Anyone else going to the African hunting show in Atlanta this weekend?

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the first that I heard that they were having it. Where is it this year?

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is being held at the Ga International Convention Center near the airport in conjunction with the Ga SCI chapter show. Starts Friday 12-8, ends Saturday 10-5. The SCI banquet and auction is Saturday eving around 6:00. http://www.gasci.org/

Posts: 59 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I dont know why i keep torturing myself but i definatly interested in going.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess being a member of the Greater Atlanta Chapter of SCI means I never hear about what the GA chapter is doing. I have not been to the GA chapter event since they use to do a weekend at the Galleria which was pretty much a joke. A friend from Africa decided to do the GA show back then and I was embarrassed as he paid more than what he did for Reno and got less than 1/5th the traffic.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going,I have a hunt booked with John Sharp and he will be there so I will be able to talk things over with him. It is a very small show.

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
The best part is that your $25 admission gets you a subscription to the African Hunting Gazette.
Judging by the list of exhibitors, the show will be smaller than last year, but still some good outfitters there.
Also a fun time to remember past hunts, and dream of future hunts.

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could someone send me information on the Atlanta show or a link to it? My wife and I would like to go. Email is boliep@yahoo.com

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a hunt booked with John Sharp and he will be there so I will be able to talk things over with him.

Hopefully John will have that incredible buffalo mount that he was displaying in Reno. Totally amazing buffalo. I hear he's selling it, but far too rich for my blood.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not going but if they can build it up I would love a show on the East coast. The people that I am interested in booking with are not exhibiting there so I am stuck with DSC or SCI.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TR - Being stuck with the two biggest and best hunting Shows in the World, SCI and DSC is somehow a loser? Confused Never heard of a hunting Show in Atlanta, maybe that's why it is so small? Just saying.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surely TR was thinking about the travel aspects.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I went today. The GASCI show and the African Hunting Show are in the same room, essentially, separated by a cutain that you can walk around.

Admission is $5 for BOTH shows and the lady at the admissions table said that was good for today and tomorrow.

You can pay another $25 and get the magazine subscription, but it's not mandatory. At least, it wasn't mandatory today; the AH show's website said the admission was $30 with $25 to the magazine. But that's not what was happening today.

Both shows are smaller than in previous years--I went to the AH show year before last & it was maybe half again bigger then. GASCI is about the same as it has been the past few years (no trucks, thankfully), larger than it was for some really lean years, but not as big as it was in the '90's when I started going.

It opened at 12:00 today and several exhibitors weren't there yet, nor were the silent auctions set up. The gun raffle was in place--they have a couple of those horrible, deadly "automatic" black assault rifles on the raffle, so if you want one cheap, and are feeling lucky, punk, you should hurry on over and buy some raffle tickets.

On a more serious note, they do have some nice guns in the raffle--I didn't buy any tickets so I can't say what they go for.

The AH show has some high-end, fancy DG rifles on display--Dakota Arms is exhibiting.

All in all, if you don't have to drive too far, it's not a bad way to spend a few hours for a measley five bucks.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1553 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John is there weak show

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are going tomorrow. At least it is better than cutting up oak limbs for firewood.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
I'm going tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting a lot, but will probably renew some magazine subscriptions.

posted Hide Post
My Partner James Quin ( Stormberg Elangeni Safaris) is there and will have our good Zambian buffalo, hippo croc packages on hand.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I was there the last 2 years. We had more exibitors last year than attendees. Not worth the time IMO.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote