THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Second annual Pa. get together pics added (14) & many more ...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second annual Pa. get together pics added (14) & many more ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Great friends, shooting DG rifles, delicious homemade food... What more could one ask?? How about sitting around a campfire after hunting buf all day in the Selous... thumb

Our sincere thanks, once again, to our host Saeed for providing us the means to meet some wonderful people...

hosts Rena & Keith

album and link to who is who...

http://picasaweb.google.com/retreever/ARGetTogether#

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Mike!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keith Rena and Kate thanks for having us! Frank and Michael thanks a bunch for letting me shoot your doubles....that put an immediate grin on my face! I am sure to do some casual shopping for one now!
It was nice to get to heft my first ivory as well. It was nice to get to meet Paul, Brandon and all of your wives...thanks to all.

Posts: 88 | Location: Mt. Wolf PA | Registered: 17 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the writeup on the stopping the charging pumpkins Wink

Posts: 34 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
It was a little touch and go.. Keith hit them with a 416 and I made sure they stayed down and slammed them with a 500 gr out of a 450#2 double rifle.. We held our ground and walked away... dancing

Mike thumb

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pic's make it come to life, good job Mike.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AR Pennsylvania Colleagues,

Thanks to Keith and Rena for a great time. Cindy, Brandon and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone, playing with ivory, doubles and other big bores. It was a super event….

Here are my contributions to the pictures:

Mom and Pop Prowell

Rena, our hostess

Mrs Retriever

Chow time

The Bosses gather to “issue ordersâ€

Men folk talking over important stuff like buffalo, elephants, doubles, bullets etc

Pete admiring Mike’s 65 pounder

Mr Frogmore Stew (aka Die Ou Jagter)

Joyce and Frank Beller

Mike explaining the finer details of a double to Paul and Brandon

A “Bevy of Beautiesâ€

Mike’s “working briefcaseâ€

Shot #2, Full recoil

The results: shot #1, #2 about one inch! We'd say he’s ready!

Frank handling the buff!

Brandon busting acharging pumpkin with Franks double

Full recoil

The “woodpile lineupâ€

Mr FAMARS takes a break

Confirming the kill

Keith’s Model 95 in 405, a bit of history

Paul’s 45/70 TC…does that qualify as a big bore?

Ed in full recoil

Brandon in full recoil, shot #2

Kate, shot #1

Kate shot #2, we believe that the gun actually weighs more than Kate but she handled it well

Josh in full recoil, does he have his ear plugs in? Can’t tell with “all that hairâ€

Brandon “the pumpkin arrangerâ€

The “Shootoffâ€

Let ‘em fly, hope the neighbors are away!

Kate “I don’t need no stinkin lead sledâ€

Frank let’s loose with the 416 Taylor

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll jump in and say thanks again to Keith, Rena, and Kate for hosting the event; I had a fantastic time! Here's a few shots I managed to snap when I wasn't culling the pumpkin population... BOOM

Here's Mike and Paul standing around while Cindy does the work. If she gets too good at that, we might have to put her to work on the next trip! Mike, your tusk seemed to be one of the big hits of the party; thanks for sharing.

Here's me shouldering a 65-pounder. I'm trying to NOT make this the last time in my life I get to lift a piece of ivory...

As usual, while the men are off shooting things, the women are scheming God knows what! Big Grin

Last, but not least, Ed cooking up some delicious Frogmore stew. It's an odd name for something that's actually incredibly tasty. Thanks, Ed!

Again, thanks to our hosts and thanks to everyone who attended. It was a great pleasure getting to meet all of you and talk about something we all know and love. I can't wait 'till next year!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First of all, I'd like to second Mike's thanks to Saeed for hosting a wonderful forum that allows us to get to know such fine friends with our common interest in big bores & African hunting - Thank you, Saeed. Now, I'd also like to thank everyone for being really wonderful folks - it was like a family reunion - I can't wait to see you guys in Dallas in January. Keith & Rena - Thank you both for all the food & preparation for the picnic; it was GREAT & Joyce & I loved it. FRANK

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a wonderful AR reunion and a lot of fun with a lot of good time, good food & fellowship had by all! Joan & I are sorry we could not make this one but look forward to seeing you in Dallas in January.

Posts: 71 | Location: St. Michaels, Maryland | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a great time. If you do it again, I hope that I can join you.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Ed this morning, & he, too, had a great time.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Makes me kind of wish I still lived in PA. Mike, you're one-of-a-kind.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Cool ivory! Cool

Is that a new set of tusks? Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
John,
Thank you, it is the ivory from my 06 hunt that I won here, the upgraded buf hunt...

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Glad you all had a great time, as usual.

My only regret is that I live so far away and have not been able to join in the fun.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Mike great bunch of folks having a great time with a great cause - I am a lone rider with double in my parts but it would be neat to join as Saed said (tho he has Walter around and that counts for some) Smiler

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mike looks like y'all had a great time, to bad your in a far corner of the country from here.

Ed, how many frogs are needed for frogmore stew?

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
John,
Thank you, it is the ivory from my 06 hunt that I won here, the upgraded buf hunt...

Mike

WOW! I would love to see those tusks one day!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys had a ball of a time....

Those pumpkins can be dam rude at times and need a bit of sorting out....

On our farm in the Waterberg we use a dead tree in a safe secluded area where we can go carzy and peg lemons on the branches and have a good old shoot out from 130m...

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote