THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Walter having some fun with the 566 T rex

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walter having some fun with the 566 T rex
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I am amazed at how well the rifle has stood up to all the abuse. Saeed how many times has this gun been shot approx? An how many times has it hit the ground? It also appears to have a lot of muzzle lift...I wonder if some ports on top of the muzzle would help keep this thing in peoples hands. I would enjoy shooting this beast...once!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As entertaining as that video is I've seen some bad form from some of the shooters. If you start out off balance the recoil isn't going to help the situation. Muzzle break or not.

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love watching this all the time. I would like to shoot this Rifle.
The last guy is the man of the Hour.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
I had to turn it off. I couldnt stop laughing!!!! That is hilarious!!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
I hope one day to have the opportunity and pleasure to try and fire this Rifle.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blaser93:

I believe the last man is shooting a .700NE not the .577 T-Rex. I read that some where on here.

Cory

Still saving up for a .500NE double rifle(Searcy of course)

Posts: 189 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C.Wathen:
quote:
Originally posted by blaser93:

I believe the last man is shooting a .700NE not the .577 T-Rex. I read that some where on here.

http://www.accuratereloading.com/700nitro.html

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
I am glad I am not the PH that has to sight in the rifle and then stand next to the hunter when he fires it in the field. jumping

Gerhard

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
While watching the video, I wondered if anybody could stand his ground and don't let the rifle fall. Then I saw the last guy who shot it, well done. How many more have been able to do that?

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:
While watching the video, I wondered if anybody could stand his ground and don't let the rifle fall. Then I saw the last guy who shot it, well done. How many more have been able to do that?

The rifle is NOT that hard to handle.

For every one we have videoed dropping it, at least ten shot without any hassle.

It is not the sort of rifle I would hunt with, despite all the silly claims Art Alpin makes for it.

A friend of mine, who posts on the forum, shot an elephant cow with it. The bullet did not penetrate very much at all.

I think I will stick to my 375/404 any day, regardelss of what animal I am facing.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noticed one shooter shot a Ruger #1 was it a 577 T Rex?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all, but some of those guys should be arrested for abusing the 577TREX...
But as for holding it, I believe they are not holding it tight enough...and many dont know how to hold a rifle period...Walter suckered them in.... jumping

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:

Im almost sure the last one was not the T-Rex it doesn't even look the same.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The rifle is NOT that hard to handle.

For every one we have videoed dropping it, at least ten shot without any hassle.

It is not the sort of rifle I would hunt with, despite all the silly claims Art Alpin makes for it.

A friend of mine, who posts on the forum, shot an elephant cow with it. The bullet did not penetrate very much at all.

I think I will stick to my 375/404 any day, regardelss of what animal I am facing.

Saeed,
Can you please give more details about this? What bullet, velocity,... Thank you.

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote