New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC hotel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know I am late, but any recommendations for hotel that is within walking distance of the DSC convention in early January.

Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
The Aloft is decent and across the street.

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The OMNI is an option if they are not full as it is actually attached to the convention center.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Omni, Adolph's and magnolia are the ones I know within walking distance with the omni on site.

We are at the magnolia from wednesday. I thought the rooms were a bit dark but good value. Can't remember where we are staying on Monday and Tuesday.

K

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
we're at the magnolia.....they have a shuttle....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd tell you the Adolphus -- it's usually where I stay in Dallas and it is in walking distance assuming we don't have a snowstorm like we had two years ago -- but I'm late in booking too and don't want you to take the last room.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
The Omni has been booked for a month or two now, but you might get lucky checking for cancellations. You can't go wrong with any of the others mentioned.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You really don't want to stay at the Omni. Nice hotel (really like the TV screen in the bathroom mirror -- that's cool), but ... Not enough restaurants in the complex, no other restaurants really close by (and you really wouldn't want to walk there after dark) and teeny-bopper cheerleader convention staying there the same weekend -- just annoying.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Omni has been booked since June and there is a waiting list with about 90 hopefuls. No cheerleaders at the Omni and the convention has the entire convention center...DSC's room block takes the entire hotel. There may be a few rooms left at the Hyatt which is in walking distance. All of the hotels listed on the DSC website will have shuttle service.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
You really don't want to stay at the Omni. Nice hotel (really like the TV screen in the bathroom mirror -- that's cool), but ... Not enough restaurants in the complex, no other restaurants really close by (and you really wouldn't want to walk there after dark) and teeny-bopper cheerleader convention staying there the same weekend -- just annoying.

That's why I booked the Magnolia this year. Seams we were always walking over that way anyway to get to the restaurants and bars.

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I found a room at the Magnolia.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote