New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shakari (PHASA Survey)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I didn't want to add this to the PHASA Survey thread because you requested that we not discuss "what if's" in that discussion.

I deer hunted in Mexico last year, and am going again this year. In the last few years, there has been a lot of bad press in the hunting community here in Texas about all the red tape involved in getting your guns into Mexico. This afternoon I recieved a letter from ANAGADI, the Mexican association that promotes hunting in Mexico. I think they sent them to all American hunters who went to Mexico last season.

In the letter they state the following:
"ANAGADI will be opening an additional office at Columbia Bridge [The major crossing point for American hunters.] on the Mexican side, with the sole purpose of giving our hunters a better and more convenient service. This will provide you assistance while checking guns in and out of Mexico, scoring your trophies into Los Gigantes Deer Contest, dipping of hides for the importation into the U.S., and being there to assist you in any other way needed."

I thought this was a great idea, and wanted to pass it along to you.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
It is a great idea...keeps you from having to leave someone with the trucks while you run into Nuevo Laredo and hunt down the General to get your paperwork, then rushing back to relieve your buddy so he could go and get his paperwork or hiring an outfitter on the Mexican side to try and get it for you. Glad to see they are making some progress

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nuevo Laredo? Isn't that where the brand new Police Chief was assassinated after only 9 hours on the Job?

Confused bewildered

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Lhook7

Thanks for that, if only South Africa could be so logical & caring of it's tourism industry.