Notify
Tools

Bad news
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's here, it's going to stay, and we need to get on with life.

A-F•••ing-men!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37739 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
Maybe some of you saw the field in Ann Arbor after the Michigan win over Ohio State yesterday. There were over 100,000 in the stands and at the game's conclusion there had to have been 50,000 on the field, going absolutely bonkers. Talk about a potential super spreader! Point being we are OVER all this BS. Unfortunately the media and government elite worldwide either don't get it or have a different agenda. Any info available on this latest variant indicates very mild symptoms. That old saw, "The cure is worse than the disease" is certainly applicable here.

Was in Cheyenne, WY this week for Thanksgiving, and stayed in Colorado Springs on the way home on Friday night. We got there about 1800 and hit Scheels (fanstastic store) and there were about 400 cars in the parking lot.

We walked in, my wife stopped dead her tracks took a look at all the people nut to butt, and said "not today covid" and we went to our hotel.

The Omicron varient is devistating news, I hope normality returns by next years safari season.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Could anyone answer one fact and that is, Can viruses mutate in vaccinated host?
It seems even as vaccinated, you can get infected , you will just have milder form
Could virus work harder to mutate in vaccinated host?

My whole point is, nobody addressed this yet ( especially virologists and epidemiologists )

Milan...I was vaccinated 3 months ago, and got sick / tested positive for Covid 19 - 3 weeks ago...its all a scam / joke / train wreck, and has been since day 1. As to your specific question, IDK...but I doubt ole Fauci does either!? pinocchio

I had a client who sounded just like you . It was all a scam according to him. He died from COVID after 22 days in intensive care . He called me 15 minutes before he died to make sure I did not let anyone cheat his wife should anything happen to him.

His widow has changed her tune and is now vaccinated.

Check into what the vaccine is supposed to do. Without a doubt they reduce deaths and hospitalization. I get my info from a surgeon not some internet conspiracy BS.

Has this been handled badly ? Yes. Absolutely this has been handled badly by many parties .

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Could anyone answer one fact and that is, Can viruses mutate in vaccinated host?
It seems even as vaccinated, you can get infected , you will just have milder form
Could virus work harder to mutate in vaccinated host?

My whole point is, nobody addressed this yet ( especially virologists and epidemiologists )

Milan...I was vaccinated 3 months ago, and got sick / tested positive for Covid 19 - 3 weeks ago...its all a scam / joke / train wreck, and has been since day 1. As to your specific question, IDK...but I doubt ole Fauci does either!? pinocchio

I had a client who sounded just like you . It was all a scam according to him. He died from COVID after 22 days in intensive care . He called me 15 minutes before he died to make sure I did not let anyone cheat his wife should anything happen to him.

His widow has changed her tune and is now vaccinated.

Check into what the vaccine is supposed to do. Without a doubt they reduce deaths and hospitalization. I get my info from a surgeon not some internet conspiracy BS.

Obviously we all have our opinions Larry...I'm sure the mileage varies. My most recent ex is a respiratory therapist in one of Houston's largest hospitals...she tells me its all BS, and she tells me her docs all say the same...so who's right? Ten of thousands die from the flu every year...one of the greatest drugs ever made - penicillin, and millions are allergic to it! I too have now known many that have been Covid 19 positive...not a single one has had more than a bad flu, not one! So is it the virus...or is it the person infected...IDK? But shutting down the world is plain silly IMO...and its only my opinion!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
It's here, it's going to stay, and we need to get on with life.

A-F•••ing-men!!!

I agree 100%.

This is terrible for the African outfitters and will be terrible for the convention season.

Fauci keeps doing the same thing that did not work the first time. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." With Delta the "vaccine" has already been a failure in regards to preventing disease. It does seem to lower your covid specific mortality, however in the younger population there is data coming out that the all cause mortality is actually increased in the vaccinated cohort. If you want to read something scary I would recommend the abstract from the Journal Circulation that was published last week. article

I have read some early reports out of South Africa that the Omicron variant symptoms are quite mild. Hopefully this is true because this would honestly be the best case scenario. If you can get a highly infectious variant that causes mild disease then this thing should burn itself out. I had high hopes for the vaccines in the beginning, but at this point you are being vaccinated with a MRNA coding for a spike protein that doesn't even look like the spike protein of the current variants. The vaccines also seem to be nearly worthless after 6 months. I will not be getting any boosters and sure as hell will not be getting my kids vaccinated.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
Got A email from DSC THEY will 100% refund or role over to 2023... I am sure SCI will do the same. The problem is we need to market and get their.

In regards to marketing. Couldn't the outfitters that have US reps have those reps man the booths and also conduct Zoom meetings with the PHs etc. at the show?

That’s our back up plan with Miles & Miles Outfitters. As of now, Argentina is not restricted. Should I have to man the booth at DSC, so be it. However, the calendar is stacked and packed from no hunters for the past 18 months. It is still great to meet new hunters and catch up with prior clients.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an evolving situation and DSC is watching it closely. It is correct that DSC will refund or roll booth deposits (full email DSC sent yesterday below).

There will be more communication from DSC soon. If there are any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact the office directly for the latest:

972-980-9800
info@biggame.org

Dear Exhibitor Partners,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of and following the recent travel restrictions made by the US and Europe. We are investigating to be sure that we fully understand all details of the restriction and if any alternatives exist.

In the meantime, we want to assure you that if you are not able to make the 2022 Convention due to these travel restrictions, your booth will be available to you in 2023. Your booth payment can either be returned to you or rolled to 2023, whichever you prefer. Also, we have been made aware of some trying to sublet their booth this year, and we wanted to remind everyone that is not allowed. Again, your booth will be held for you next year if you are not able to attend this year.

An option to consider if you are not able to attend, is to have an agent, representative, friend, past client, etc. set up and run your booth. They can have you available via WhatsApp or Zoom with any questions or client interactions.

We are closely monitoring this situation and are praying that common sense prevails with the US and European Administrations and that this ban is soon lifted.

We will be following up with additional details in the near future. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you and God bless.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-en...-birmingham-59459391

Medics stuck in South Africa as flights grounded

Published54 minutes ago

Two healthcare professionals say they have been left stranded in South Africa after flights were disrupted due to the Omicron coronavirus variant.

Lisa Freeth was set to depart Johannesburg with fellow Briton Helena Edwards on Saturday.

But she said that at the airport she was informed by a Dutch airline that their Netherlands-bound flight would only be allowing EU citizens to board.

The Foreign Office has been asked to comment.

Ms Freeth, a physiotherapist from Solihull, West Midlands, said she and Dr Edwards, from Portsmouth's Queen Alexandra Hospital, spent the weekend failing to find alternative ways home to the UK.

Omicron is a heavily-mutated strain of Covid-19 that has raised concerns it has the potential to evade immunity.

Amid its emergence in southern African states, the British government suspended flights from South Africa on Friday, adding the nation to the so-called red list that imposes official travel restrictions.

The only people allowed to enter the UK from these countries are British or Irish nationals, or those with residence rights in the UK, and even then, subject to testing and quarantine conditions.

"We spent several hours at the airport trying different airlines [but] most were already full, cancelled, or were only taking their own citizens home," Ms Freeth said.

She added: "We managed to actually have most of our holiday, but in a way, it's almost more frustrating because we were so close to coming home and have essentially been scuppered by less than 24 hours."

The pair were able to enjoy the majority of their holiday before the disruption began
The pair have since booked into a hotel within six miles (10km) of Johannesburg Airport and are quarantining.

"We're kind of stuck here trying to find information and really struggling to get any any information that's useful to us about how and when we can get home," Ms Freeth said.

South Africa's president Cyril Ramaphosa has condemned travel bans enacted against his country, saying he was "deeply disappointed" by the action, which he described as unjustified.

Ms Freeth said: "We just feel completely in limbo at the moment with no concrete information and no support to actually know what the best route for us to do is.

"We do understand the gravity of the situation and that restrictions need to be imposed and we know we'll have to quarantine when we get home, it's more [the] concern [about] how long are we going to be stuck here?"

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The organization that is supposed to lead in this sort of thing has its head stuck up China’s arse!

They are flipping right and left, bending backwards to please them.

So many doctors actually say this new version might be a good thing, as it has very mind symptoms!

WHO, on the other hand, is telling every they are concerned!

Why were they not concerned when the bloody Chinks had it fir so before telling anyone??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68618 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2021/11/29/...covid-19-quarantine/

Couple arrested fleeing Dutch COVID quarantine, moved to ‘forced isolation’

By Yaron Steinbuch
November 29, 2021 8:34am Updated

A married couple was arrested on a plane in the Netherlands on Sunday as they tried to flee the country after escaping from a quarantine hotel, officials said Monday.

The 30-year-old Spanish man and his 28-year-old Portuguese wife were collared “in an airplane that was about to depart” for Spain from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Royal Netherlands Marechaussee police spokesman Stan Verberkt told Agence France-Presse.

One of them had tested positive for COVID-19 and went into isolation, while the other was negative but in quarantine, Public Health Authority spokeswoman Stefanie van Waardenburg said, according to the outlet.

She added that both were placed back in isolation after bolting from the hotel in the northwestern Kennemerland region where infected passengers from South African flights were staying.

“They have now been transferred to a hospital elsewhere in the Netherlands to ensure they are in isolation. They are now in so-called forced isolation,” said Petra Faber, spokesperson for Haarlemmermeer municipality, where Schiphol is located just outside the capital city, according to Reuters.

They could be prosecuted for violating Dutch quarantine rules, the BBC reported, citing the De Telegraaf newspaper.

It was unclear whether the infected person had tested positive for the new Omicron variant.

In all, 61 of the more than 600 passengers on the flights to Schiphol Airport from Johannesburg and Cape Town on Friday tested positive for COVID-19 — 13 of them with the new Omicron variant.

Most are staying at the hotel, though some Dutch residents were allowed to quarantine at home.

The 600 people spent most of Friday stuck at the airport being tested in conditions that one person described as “dystopia central,” as Dutch officials announced stricter new travel protocols amid mounting fears around the globe about the new variant.

The 30-year-old Spanish man and his 28-year-old Portuguese wife were collared “in an airplane that was about to depart” for Spain from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

Health Minister Hugo de Jonge said that Dutch authorities would ensure that people obeyed quarantine rules.

“We will control whether they keep to those rules,” he told reporters.

The Netherlands has recorded almost 20,000 confirmed COVID-related deaths since the start of the pandemic, but data shows the country has recorded 1,124 deaths per million of its population — one of the lowest numbers in western Europe.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy:

An option to consider if you are not able to attend, is to have an agent, representative, friend, past client, etc. set up and run your booth. They can have you available via WhatsApp or Zoom with any questions or client interactions.

We are closely monitoring this situation and are praying that common sense prevails with the US and European Administrations and that this ban is soon lifted.

We will be following up with additional details in the near future. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you and God bless.

Thanks Daniel,
I think having stateside friends, associates, past clients might be a possible alternative for those that are unable to come to the US and choose to have representation if the show goes on. However; the convention center has in the past been lacking in cell reception in many areas and wifi must be purchased thru a vendor named Smart City Networks. This service in the past has been terribly expensive, maybe DSC could work out a reduced rate for exhibitors if the friends/former client scenario should come to pass? And maybe have Convention Center add a few cell boosters, too?

I hope thru some miracle our government reverses (and doesn't increase) travel bans and our outfitter friends can make it to the shows. Mr. Biden is supposed to be speaking on this matter sometime today, let's hope for good news.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2896 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I didn't read all the responses here and don't know if this has already been said...

With our southern border wide open to EVERYONE and their diseases I have no idea why there is a travel ban other than chalking it up to liberalism and liberal thinking. All of which is a disease as well.

The old saying 'ignorance is bliss' has a lot of meaning these days.

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

Thank you and God bless.

Thanks Daniel,
I think having stateside friends, associates, past clients might be a possible alternative for those that are unable to come to the US and choose to have representation if the show goes on. However; the convention center has in the past been lacking in cell reception in many areas and wifi must be purchased thru a vendor named Smart City Networks. This service in the past has been terribly expensive, maybe DSC could work out a reduced rate for exhibitors if the friends/former client scenario should come to pass? And maybe have Convention Center add a few cell boosters, too?

I hope thru some miracle our government reverses (and doesn't increase) travel bans and our outfitter friends can make it to the shows. Mr. Biden is supposed to be speaking on this matter sometime today, let's hope for good news.

Thanks, Karl. Good suggestions. We're looking into any and all options. More to come on this.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.newsweek.com/ameri...ht-us-return-1653962

American Family Stranded in South Africa Amid Omicron Restrictions Fight for U.S. Return

BY ANDREW STANTON ON 11/29/21 AT 10:53 AM EST
WHO: South Africa Should Be Thanked Not 'Penalized' For Early Detecting Omicron Variant

A family from North Carolina stranded in South Africa is fighting to get a flight home to the United States as several countries placed travel restrictions on the nation due to the Omicron variant.

Lauren Kennedy Brady told WNCN-TV, a Raleigh-based television news station, that she, her mother, daughter and niece traveled to Africa to achieve one of her "bucket list" goals after the COVID-19 pandemic stalled her original plans.

After several countries announced travel restrictions on South Africa—where the Omicron variant was first discovered—and its neighboring countries, Brady said her family has not been able to find a connecting flight back to Raleigh, WNCN reported.

The travel restrictions have been implemented by countries—including the United States—in hope of slowing the spread of the Omicron variant and giving scientists more time to learn about its implications.

Scientists continue to assess the threat posed by the variant but they remain uncertain about how fast it spreads, how effective vaccines are against it and whether it causes more severe illness compared to the other variants. The World Health Organization (WHO) classified it as a variant of concern on Friday.

The U.S.'s travel ban does not apply to American citizens, who are still able to travel home.

But the flurry of flight cancellations and struggles finding a connecting flight means Brady has been trying to book a flight home since Friday with no success, the station reported.

"We went from having two flights to zero flights and then after that we booked, I don't know, we probably booked 10 flights in total," Brady told the news station. "It hit us like a ton of bricks and of course every other traveler is going through this right now. Those borders just slammed shut and it has wreaked a lot of havoc clearly and a lot of confusion."

Brady said her family, who is fully vaccinated and recently tested negative, is staying in their Johannesburg hotel room while they wait for a flight, according to WNCN.

"Hour by hour it's changed, and the countries are closing their borders to people who don't have a European passport," she said.

Even as more countries place travel restrictions on South Africa, some leaders have condemned the actions. The nation's Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation said: "This latest round of travel bans is akin to punishing South Africa for its advanced genomic sequencing and the ability to detect new variants quicker."

Newsweek reached out to the U.S. Department of State for comment Monday morning but did not hear back in time for publication.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
How can 10% of passengers from RSA have covid when they tested negative prior to departure?

Oh, covid tests were fake. Eeker

But what about having to be vaccinated?

Oh, the vaccine records are fake. Eeker

It's not just Africa. It's the entire third world.

May be rough for awhile in the travel and tourism industries.

Pre departure might have been antigen test, after arrival were PCR tests, which are more sensitive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was your family physician talking about this variant? It was only uploaded to GISAID on the 23td of November, so only really known since then. Maybe a few close to the action knew about it a bit earlier, but can't have been more than a few days.
An increase in cases around airline hub cities could simply be explained with new cases coming in and causing new clusters much more frequently than in cities without airports.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if he was referring to this variant or not but since DFW is a major hub it made sense to me to follow his suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would make sense to get a booster if cases in the area rise and the last jab has been more than 6 months ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I didn't read all the responses here and don't know if this has already been said...

With our southern border wide open to EVERYONE and their diseases I have no idea why there is a travel ban other than chalking it up to liberalism and liberal thinking. All of which is a disease as well.

The old saying 'ignorance is bliss' has a lot of meaning these days.

Odd that.......but then remember who is in charge....

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you and God bless.

Thanks Daniel,

The wifi charge is ridiculous, especially considering most countries have free wifi at restaurants, bars, and most places.

I hope the move in/move out gets better without Freeman, but I suppose it will be just the same.

DSC is not to blame, it’s the contract with the city.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Let us hope DSC convention does not turn into a copy of SCI's.

Where the stupid unions rule everything.

Posts: 68618 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That’s all well and good for those who can’t attend. What about those exhibitors who can attend but maybe don’t want to now because a lot of attendees may decide to stay home since all the Southern Africa exhibitors wont be there?

quote:
This is an evolving situation and DSC is watching it closely. It is correct that DSC will refund or roll booth deposits (full email DSC sent yesterday below).

There will be more communication from DSC soon. If there are any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact the office directly for the latest:

972-980-9800
info@biggame.org

Dear Exhibitor Partners,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of and following the recent travel restrictions made by the US and Europe. We are investigating to be sure that we fully understand all details of the restriction and if any alternatives exist.

In the meantime, we want to assure you that if you are not able to make the 2022 Convention due to these travel restrictions, your booth will be available to you in 2023. Your booth payment can either be returned to you or rolled to 2023, whichever you prefer. Also, we have been made aware of some trying to sublet their booth this year, and we wanted to remind everyone that is not allowed. Again, your booth will be held for you next year if you are not able to attend this year.

Thank you and God bless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vvreddy:
That’s all well and good for those who can’t attend. What about those exhibitors who can attend but maybe don’t want to now because a lot of attendees may decide to stay home since all the Southern Africa exhibitors wont be there?

quote:

972-980-9800
info@biggame.org

Dear Exhibitor Partners,

Thank you and God bless.

I hear what you are saying . On the other hand, those attending may well be the more serious prospects. Sales may still be good.

Time will tell.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very good to hear that refunds or carry forward to next year offered.

Very fair.

Thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No the moron in charge (well not really) is saying the might need to revise their travel ban.....gee whiz.....

Yes Saeed I know trump bad......

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Uncle Joe is a liar, incompetent or both. Probably both. When he was trying to get elected he claimed that Trump's travel ban was racist and that he had a plan for COVID that would be Oh, so much better. The gullible American people elected him.

Now, he's enacting a travel ban from Africa. Dare I say "Racist?" But perhaps he's just forgotten. We know his memory isn't much better than whether he wants chocolate or pistachio today.

And look at his "plan". Despite the fact that Trump got the vaccine done in record time, more people have died since Biden took office than before. It's all on the Dems.

They are counting on the short memory of the American people. This isn't just the usual clown car of the Biden Administration. I believe it is aimed directly at the hunting industry, which we all know the Democrats would love to shut down.

Posts: 10310 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca: I believe it is aimed directly at the hunting industry, which we all know the Democrats would love to shut down.

I have been chatting with some African PH's this week and That is what is coming to mind.

Th idea of shutting down the sportsman conventions that provide hunting and fishing opportunities around the world would fit right in with the current administration.

I do not think O'll "Joe" has any idea on what is happening, however he can smile and wave. Gee that has to be good for something!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think we are getting into silly bits.

Most of the world has banned travel from these countries, so where is the conspiracy about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If not a conspiracy, it's certainly hypocrisy.

Posts: 10310 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I think we are getting into silly bits.

Most of the world has banned travel from these countries, so where is the conspiracy about it.

This variant actually surfaced in the Netherlands two weeks prior to South Africa identifying and reporting it to WHO on the 24th of November. We merely identified it. Not sure why we are being banned. Been identified in many other countries that has had zero connection to Southern Africa.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1397 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is becoming ridiculous now!

They are finding it in place where no travelers have been!!

Viruses mutate, and we need to learn to live with that.

I wish the idiots who are refusing vaccine get theirs and we can end this bloody Chink virus!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is becoming ridiculous now!

They are finding it in place where no travelers have been!!

Viruses mutate, and (1) we need to learn to live with that.

I wish the idiots who are refusing vaccine get theirs and (2) we can end this bloody Chink virus!

1) This is correct. SARS CoV-2 is an endemic human pathogen now. It is a part of everyday life now for eternity. We must get on with life. The medical community will refine and hone treatment. Individual risk is minimal now.

2) This virus is showing up in all types of animals. It has reservoirs which make it nigh on impossible to eradicate. The sooner we quit thinking in terms of eradication and accept its permanent existence…the quicker we will get about normal life.

PS: If you are mad about it…take that anger out on the Chinese…NOT the general public. At the minimum, they should have contained it and been more forthcoming in the beginning. The Chinese gave the world this plague wittingly or circumstantially.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37739 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To Ann's point: Could not we encourage our African friends to fly to Mexico and just walk across? We could charter a bus to pick them up.

Lane- Was reading recently the virus is widespread in the US Whitetail population. True? Actually saw one State DNR suggesting to mask before cleaning a harvested Whitetail.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
To Ann's point: Could not we encourage our African friends to fly to Mexico and just walk across? We could charter a bus to pick them up.

Lane- Was reading recently the virus is widespread in the US Whitetail population. True? Actually saw one State DNR suggesting to mask before cleaning a harvested Whitetail.

The last time I read…~70-80% of tested wild whitetail deer were antigen positive. The virus has has been isolated from 3. I thought whitetails were pretty good at socially distancing from humans? Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://fortune.com/2021/12/01...ovid-19-pcr-antigen/

Quarantining upon arrival
Alongside a retesting program, the U.S. government is also reportedly considering requiring travelers, including U.S. citizens, to quarantine for at least seven days after landing—regardless of the outcome of the COVID-19 tests they have taken. Those who flouted the rules could face fines, a significant escalation in U.S. COVID rule enforcement.

This would mean all family members flying in for the holiday would have to self-isolate as soon as they arrive. In order to attend a Christmas family gathering, arriving travelers might need to touch down by Dec. 17 at the latest to be able to legally participate in the holiday fun.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
This is gonna be fun
I’m heading for Europe on Friday
Getting PCR today at noon

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I hope Mr. Biden doesn’t hear about this and place a ban on deer hunting! Eeker

Karl Evans

Posts: 2896 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Europe has gone back to mask inside.

Posts: 11990 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane and I said from the beginning the Chinese had to completely quarantine the area where this originated which included no mammal movement from within the area. I originally believed and I still do that all mammals have a great chance of contracting this virus

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First case of Omicron Confirmed in California!

Global supply issues are only going to get worse.

Posts: 11990 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just saw this: https://citinewsroom.com/2021/...9-lockdown-measures/

A new covid lockdown in Zimbabwe with a required quarantine.
I probably missed this in the discussion but even if you can fly in, time in a government designated facility just might not be desirable.

Posts: 118 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Adios conventions.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote