Login/Join

one of us
posted
/

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Alf

The movie "Africa's black death" is old from 1990 I think, Marks first year as PH, and in that movie Mark is like almost always hunting with client, and they do shoot too. But many times not well enough. I might have been the clients shot that you can hear.
I have all Mark Sullivans movies, on DVD, and I do not recal Mark as the one that wounds the buffalos. He just helps the client with follow up shoots and then the charge if there is a such.
The buffalos that he shoots himself do not run far.

Furthermore Mark also says in his movies that they are made for intertainment purpose only!

Anybody that hunts and shoots big bore rifles knows that what he does is hard to do every time. And then doing it when put in a stressfull situation. Many times when Mark is charged he does not even side step he holds his ground. He holds fast !
If he misses his last shot then it does not make any difference if there is another shooter it is too late anyway.
Get the new movie "In the face of death" it is a movie where Mark talks about all the charges that he has been in on. No new footage but good movie. He also talks about soft Vs. solids and when to shoot etc. etc.

I have e-mailed with him on a couple of ocations and he seems very nice and helpfull. And when the s... hits the fan you know that he can take care of business in a flash, like Elvis would put it.

If I had the money I would book a hunt with him tomorrow, unfortunately it is not with in my budget right now
Mark is 52 and I hope that he is still in business by the time I am ready to go.

Mark Sullivans Home page:
http://www.nitroexpress.tv/

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I think his first film "Africa's Black Death" resulted in a charge by mistake. Remember there was a wheelchair hunter and the client was sitting in a Landcruiser. As they approached the downed buffalo the vehicle is driving alongside (from memory).

Yes you are right his name is Roy Barnes he is not in a wheelchair but has only one arm and a bad hart condition I think.

The cameraman is real brave and does a real fine job too.

Best hunting movie quality ever. And take into consideration that he is not filming a plaines game hunt

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I think his first film "Africa's Black Death" resulted in a charge by mistake. Remember there was a wheelchair hunter and the client was sitting in a Landcruiser. As they approached the downed buffalo the vehicle is driving alongside (from memory).

So people on vehicle may have shot as well. Also Sullivan misses with his first barrel. To me he looks genuinely surprised at the charge and a very close call.

Then the video was made and it sold fantastically and a "formula" may have been arrived at to sell a lot more videos.

In another video he congratulates a client saying the client had "made up for a lot of mistakes" (from memory) after a wounded buffalo made a charge on film.

I haven't seen the last 3 or so films.

I have always thought if I was the cameraman I would want someone with a rifle protecting ME! As you need to keep filming no matter what.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that MS is a good PH, and he certainly has brass balls, but let's face it....that buff in Black Death should have never gotten up without being shot. It is obvious that MS LET him get on his feet to film exciting charge footage.
Agree or not, that's what he did, and I'm sure that he sold alot of video's. To each his own. Wolf

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote