THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Seeking information on Andy Cockett, Zimbabwe PH

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking information on Andy Cockett, Zimbabwe PH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for information from anyone that has hunted with Andy Cockett (my spelling of his last name may be incorrect) a PH who hunts in Zimbabwe. Not exactly sure of the region he hunts in Zimbabwe. Anyone having any input on his operation I would greatly appreciate hearing your experiences.
Thanks

Quehanna

Posts: 46 | Location: Too far from Africa | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy normally buys Zambezi Valley hunts for his clients, or buys some hunting in the Zambezi Vally off operators with concessions there.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bowhunted with Andy at Mhondoro, where he runs the only hunting and it is archery only.
6,000 acres behind fence, animals were baited with feed, Andy was a good guy and there was plenty of quality animals but I wouldn't do that type of hunt again.
Mhondoro is a 5 star lodge

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the previous poster meant to say that that is where Andy does BOW only hunts. I have a guy in my SCI chapter who hunted with Andy last year for buff and is going back this year again. He had great things to say about it and the camp was very nice, he got mock charged by an elephant while having a drink by the fire one day.

Posts: 1521 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted out of his camp several times. Although I was hunting with his cousin Doug Kok, not with Andy. He is a nice and well respected PH in Zim. He has a very comfortable camp with permanent buildings, toilets, and all that sort of thing. I prefer a fly camp, but this would be nice if you are bringing the little lady along. His camp sits right on the Zambezee, about 5 km from Chirundu, which is where the bridge to Zambia is located. If you bid on one of the Valley hunts in the Nyakasanga concession Kockot's camp would be a nice place to stay. I've taken 2 buff from that concession which scored over 102 SCI in 4 hunts there. BTW he does have some rather cheeky Nzou around there who will walk right into camp and run you out of there, so that they can eat the Acacia pods on the ground. There's an old one- tusker (about 50 lbs.) who comes in any time of the day or night, puts his front feet about 8 feet up the tree and shakes the pods out of the tree! Mind you, this tree is 3-4 feet in diameter and 75 feet high! He's probably been doing that for the last 30 years. Anyway, nice guy, nice camp...enjoy.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy and his staff will make you feel like one of the family, not like a client. He is very energetic and is not burned out from hunting as many PH seem to be.

He does have the only hunting rights to Mhondoro. Small operation with the bow hunter in mind. This year he is offering hunts in the SAVE.

If you hunt the Nyakasanga you will stay at his place on the river. Nice set up and as Geronimo stated lots of elephant in and around camp. One gave the guard a shower one evening while we were sitting at the fire.

My 16 year old enjoyed this hunt with Andy more than a prevous hunt in South Africa with one of the top outfits.

Posts: 402 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback on Andy. I'm looking into booking with him in 2006. I appreciate the feedback and emails in support, sounds like a great PH.

Those who emailed me, I will be in contact for more details.

Thanks again,
Quehana

Posts: 46 | Location: Too far from Africa | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote