New
Find
Notify
Tools

Susan Robinson in hospital
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shakari Steve Robinson's lovely wife Susan is in hospital with pneumonia. she is on IV antibiotics and O2. Get well soon Susan before steve and hook start running amuk together.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Please give Susan my best regards. I hope she gets well very very soon.

Warm regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In our prayers.
Elton

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a full recovery.

What a year.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mom get well fast!!!!!!!!! you know DADDY CAN'T BE LEFT ALONE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION he has already broken the new email address rotflmo rotflmo

on a serious note Steve told me Susan was very very sick but she is responding to treatment well and her color is returning. she's coughing all the junk out of her lungs(which is a good thing)he hopes to have her home bye the end of the week if she continues to improve at this pace.
Now let's just hope Steve's on his best behavior when she returns home so she does not bash him on his soft little head

one good thing there new house is finished refurbishing and it looks great Susan did a great job picking the things for the new house

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Please tell Susan to get well soon, and remind her that healing is a personal thing, helped by the right medication, but largely driven from within by the wish and drive to get well!

Best regards from your friend in sunny South Africa.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Here's some more Best Wishes and Get Wells!

Glad to hear she is recovering.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Steve,

We wish your wife a quick and full recovery.
WE will keep her in our prayers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
It has been a hell of a year for the two of them. Lets hope and pray that with on coming of summer over there, finally getting into the new home, matters will improve and the hurt and anger will recede. tu2

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, hope your wife makes a full recovery soon Steve.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery to Susan!

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
wishing a speedy recovery...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Susan, Get well soon!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
our prayers are with you

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Folks

Thanks for your kind words.

She's still in hospital and still on steroid & antibiotic IVs and oxygen but at least she's now approaching a more normal colour.

We still don't know when they'll let her come home but whenever that happens and assuming we can find someone to cat sit for us, I guess we'll abandon working on the house for a while and go take it easy for a few days.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Glad that she's doing better, but make sure that she rests and does what the docs say and makes a complete recovery!

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Steve.....we are praying for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Things like that happen when you hang around Hooker for very long :-)

On a serious note, get well, be well.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for the both of you!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good luck Steve, my best wishes to your wife.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery yalls way

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Steve,
holding thumbs and saying prayer for Susan.
I thought Portugal was nice and sunny now?

later budddy,

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
John

Portugal SHOULD be nice and sunny now but we arrived last year to the coldest winter since records began and the spring isn't much better....... I guess the good stuff should arrive eventually but so far, we haven't seen much of the clear blue skies and warm sunshine everyone keeps promising!

On the upside, the roads are great, potholes are almost as rare as rocking horse shit, traffic is virtually non existent and Government offices and officers are unbelievably empty, clean and effecient.

So far, the longest I've had to wait to get whatever I'm seeking is about 20 minutes and I've never been told something can't be done or had to go back a second time because some damn Af has forgotten his password, run out of paper or just not turned up for work........ Oh and I've never had to stand in a queue. It's a feckin revelation after having to deal with RSA bureaucracy!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve - Realy sorry to hear that Susan is not up to par and praying for a quick recovery. Sounds like your move will eventually come to be a good thing? Hang in there and let us know how things are progressing from time to time. Take care my friend and have a great day.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry

We have mixed feelings about the move and despite the wonderful effeciency & laid back attitudes here we still miss Africa & our friends there a helluva lot.

However, the most important thing is that Mama Susan seems to be on the road to recovery and that puts everything else in perspective for me. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
best wishes to Susan for better health!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Prayers and Best Wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please send her our very best for a full and speedy recovery. Keep us posted Steve.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Susan & Steve. Don't know either but I enjoy Steve's positive posts.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve best wishes and a speddy recovery for your wife.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve how is she doing? do you know when she's going to be going home?

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Steve how is she doing? do you know when she's going to be going home?

She's improving daily buddy but I have no idea when they'll send her home...... I'm hopin it'll be today but get the impression the docs want to keep her there for a while.

She must be getting better though because she's now reading one book a day! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update re: Susan as of 5 mins ago. Skype conversation with Steve, posted with his permission:

[9:05:14 PM] Saeed K. Ansari: Steve, how is Susan? What news?
[9:06:40 PM] steve robinson: Hi Buddy, She's scheduled for final tests on Monday & if they're OK she'll be released that afternoon........ so keep your fingers crossed for us!
[9:07:51 PM] Saeed K. Ansari: Wonderful. Steve I hope you have the house all set up and organised for her return on Monday evening Smiler
[9:09:34 PM] steve robinson: Partly I guess but still some unpacking etc to do...... mostly her books that she wants to put on the shelves herself in the order she wants! Smiler
[9:11:06 PM] Saeed K. Ansari: What I meant is that when she comes back home the house is kinda sorta how she would like it Smiler)
[9:12:34 PM] steve robinson: Clean as a pin and a planned meal of duck with cherries etc....... Man but I know how to earn Brownie points huh! LOL
[9:13:09 PM] Saeed K. Ansari: Great..that is what I was talking about...the brownie points...do not forget the florist Smiler
[9:14:19 PM] steve robinson: No need for a florist we have some great red roses growing in the garden.........

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
steve ,
any updates for us ...she is in our thoughts and prayers

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few minutes ago

[18/June/2012 10:46:40 PM] steve robinson: Hi Saeed just to let you know that I bought Susan home today....... she's tired but happy to be home..... Cheers for now, Steve
[12:12:46 PM] Saeed K. Ansari: Cheers...take care both of you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

Tell Susan im thinking of her Im also laying in the hospital waiting for my third operation on my ankle and leg hopefully i can start walking in the next two weeks and NO dont ask what happened only saying bushbuck 1 and me 0

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Hi Steve

Tell Susan im thinking of her Im also laying in the hospital waiting for my third operation on my ankle and leg hopefully i can start walking in the next two weeks and NO dont ask what happened only saying bushbuck 1 and me 0

Luan

I'll pass on your best wishes my friend!

I'd heard you'd stuffed up your ankle again but thought I'd leave you in peace until you're recovering but will try to call you in a week or so when you're on the road to recovery...... as for how you did it? - I'll look forward to hearing a REALLY funny story about it because I have no doubt there is one! Wink

More generally,

Susan is now home but tired. She's on the road to recovery and we thank you all for your good wishes and kind words etc. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:
Hi Steve

Luan

Do you need someone to show you how to work that .404?? Get well. Big Grin

Go Susan. Good luck Steve. tu2

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote